So about that Brocknado...

riitzni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I was talking with my friend today about Brock's chances (he's a MMA casual / WWE hard-core) and he brought up a good point. He said Lesnar is in great shape (which I argued against but whatevs) and that he's been training. Something to the effect of "you can't take scripted hits like that and be in terrible condition" which I can't really comment on but noted that expecting a hit is different than a punch you don't see coming. Then he brought up a good point, he hopes his training partners have been allowed to hit him in the face.

I laughed and said hells no they haven't, he didn't do it as a champion and he won't be doing it now. But it got me thinking. What if I'm wrong and he has been getting hit in the face by HWs these days? Is the Brocknado ready for a come back the moment Hunt touches him with teh jab or did Lesnar learn from his mistakes?

Discuss.

ByFxLkhCcAEYWq4.jpg

I often wondered if him being conditioned to roll with fake punches would help his timing at rolling with the real shots.

Then he fought. So hopefully whatever he's doing, there's focus on being able to take shots without the panic button going off.

Shoot yourself OP.

God damn

Shit, he probably runs away when a pantomime gets too close to him. He is not allowing sparring.

I was just thinking of the dance move Cain made him do, it has a name now?
giphy.gif

Brocknado?

Is this a remake of the classic 2009 thread regarding "Brock's Spinning Backfist POWAH"???

If he really wants to win and objectively assesses his weaknesses of the past, he's sparring. Otherwise, he deserves the imminent beating.

I think having an age restriction to post threads would be a great idea. Members should have to provide a credit card number and be charged a dollar to verify you are in fact an adult. It would cut down on a lot of these threads that aren't even waste land worthy.

Man brock is everything thats needed yo be a fighter. But i just dont see him being able to take punches. Thats just something you can or cant deal with.

He has shown he just cant. Wish it was different sigh.

I think having an age restriction to post threads would be a great idea. Members should have to provide a credit card number and be charged a dollar to verify you are in fact an adult. It would cut down on a lot of these threads that aren't even waste land worthy.

Most adults use the full proof method of not replying and returning to the main page. Free and effective.

I think Brock not only doesn't like getting hit, not too many fighters or people do, but the guy can't take a decent strike to the head or body. Maybe the problem with the body was the diverticulitis but he still has a suspect chin, not for getting knocked out cold but for getting rocked fairly easily. When that is coupled with the fact that he can't have head movement do to his gigantic neck and you have a recipe for disaster against Hunt.

This fight will come down to one thing can Brock get Hunt to the ground and pound him out before Hunt can touch Brock's head with Hunt's dynamite hands? I favor Hunts hands but Brock's wrestling and ground and pound give him a good chane. All of that said, to address TS... he could be or have been training striking a ton and doing it the right way but that won't keep Hunt from shutting him down if he gets one clean shot and Hunt's whole life has been dedicated to being able to land clean shots.

I always thought the whole Brock's reaction to getting hit thing was overblown. Fact remains he ate a SHANE CARWIN sledgehammer, survived, recovered, went on to win the fight. In hindsight his fetal turtle reaction was probably the best move anyone could make in that scenario lol

I think Brock not only doesn't like getting hit, not too many fighters or people do, but the guy can't take a decent strike to the head or body. Maybe the problem with the body was the diverticulitis but he still has a suspect chin, not for getting knocked out cold but for getting rocked fairly easily. When that is coupled with the fact that he can't have head movement do to his gigantic neck and you have a recipe for disaster against Hunt.

This fight will come down to one thing can Brock get Hunt to the ground and pound him out before Hunt can touch Brock's head with Hunt's dynamite hands? I favor Hunts hands but Brock's wrestling and ground and pound give him a good chane. All of that said, to address TS... he could be or have been training striking a ton and doing it the right way but that won't keep Hunt from shutting him down if he gets one clean shot and Hunt's whole life has been dedicated to being able to land clean shots.
Ya know im not even sure he has been rocked per say. I believe he just panics when he gets hit. Im not sure that can be trained out in a short period of time

I always thought the whole Brock's reaction to getting hit thing was overblown. Fact remains he ate a SHANE CARWIN sledgehammer, survived, recovered, went on to win the fight. In hindsight his fetal turtle reaction was probably the best move anyone could make in that scenario lol

That's not completely unfair. Cain on the other hand was never much of a one shot KO guy but his pressure against someone who didn't take a shot well was just too much.

Ian Ziering switched his chainsaw with taped fist in that situation

He has changed a LOT about his training. You will see a completely new Brock come July 9.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

But seriously, it's doubtful he has changed his training drastically leading up to this fight if he didn't do it during his prime MMA career.

why are you friends with someone you would classify as a hardcore WWE fan, unless you are 12 of course, then it's ok

Back