Cerrone's Punching Power Is So Underrated

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
He is tied for the LW lead with 9 knockdowns. This punch against Cote blows my mind. I know it was a hook, but there was very little rotation behind it. When I first saw it, I literally thought it was a jab because of the shoulder angle. It doesn't look like the typical hook. This against one of the best chins in the UFC.

giphy.gif

Yeah! his jab has the power of Rumble straight right.
Donald+Cerrone+Jabs+Edson+Barboza+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif

As per Dana White he is inconsistent. As per the rest of the world, Cerrone is awesome and Dana is an idiot

Cowboy looked amazing vs Cote. He has the right balance of power and precision to make his punches hurt.

This punch against Cote blows my mind. I know it was a hook, but there was very little rotation behind it.

It's great technique. You can see him turning it over perfectly and pushing his shoulders into it. It was so well done it was easy to miss how well it executed during the broadcast.

Yeah! his jab has the power of Rumble straight right.
Donald+Cerrone+Jabs+Edson+Barboza+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif
You have to admit, Barboza hasn't been rocked like that since. In spite of getting lit up by Ferguson and Michael Johnson who most people would say are more powerful.

As per Dana White he is inconsistent. As per the rest of the world, Cerrone is awesome and Dana is an idiot
Dana needs to shut the fuck up. He has won 10 of like 11 fights and most on short notice.

It reminds me of Dana's cliche:

"You shouldn't have left it in the hands of the judges."

Yeah, cause it's just that simple.

You have to admit, Barboza hasn't been rocked like that since. In spite of getting lit up by Ferguson and Michael Johnson who most people would say are more powerful.
He blinked bro.

Dana's looks at Cerrone like your average fighter. The problem w/ this is that Cerrone fights so much, looking at what he did 2 - 3 years ago and beyond is meaningless because he's had 2-3x the fights most fighters have in the same time span.

I think after the Ferguson fight we could stop this nonsense that Barboza has glass jaw. In the Cerrone fight was just a case of a well placed shot.

But talking about Cerrone skills, I will not go far and say he is a striking artist like Barboza, Thompson, Machida. But he is definitely a tough well rounded dude that hits hard.

Better hush, people are gonna start pouring in here any minute talking about what a choker Cerrone is because THEY get to decide what's a big fight and what's not.

I'll give you a hint..

Cerrone loses, that was a big fight.

Cerrone wins, he just beat some scrub but the NEXT FIGHT he's definitely gonna choke in.

Cerrone definitely has that sleeper power but i don't see why one would think Ferg and MJ has more power than he does i mean most of their k.o wins was on bums, Cerrone k.o's legit guys

I've liked his style & fights for a long time. He's always been in the top 5 LW in my book. Sure would like to see him win a belt. LW, WW. Any organization

dude made some wish with a genie/djinn but got fucked with the wording or something. he looks spectacular, but won't be champ.

I think after the Ferguson fight we could stop this nonsense that Barboza has glass jaw. In the Cerrone fight was just a case of a well placed shot.

But talking about Cerrone skills, I will not go far and say he is a striking artist like Barboza, Thompson, Machida. But he is definitely a tough well rounded dude that hits hard.

Tbf i don't think he has a greatest chin in the world but it certainly wasn't as bad as people made out. Varner, Castillo and Cerrone all have heavy hands nothing wrong by getting rocked or finished by them.

Better hush, people are gonna start pouring in here any minute talking about what a choker Cerrone is because THEY get to decide what's a big fight and what's not.

I'll give you a hint..

Cerrone loses, that was a big fight.

Cerrone wins, he just beat some scrub but the NEXT FIGHT he's definitely gonna choke in.
image.jpeg

Tbf i don't think he has a greatest chin in the world but it certainly wasn't as bad as people made out. Varner, Castillo and Cerrone all have heavy hands nothing wrong by getting rocked or finished by them.

Yeah! If a fighter go in a "Chuck Liddell losing streak" path we can assume that he has a glass chin. Otherwise... he can always prove us wrong in the next fight.

Back