So, I think Bisping beats GSP pretty easily

FullRoundAldo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
On paper it seemed like an easy decision win for GSP but then I thought about it a little more...Size wise, these men are from completely different worlds: GSP is barely 5'10, is athletic but not thick in anyway, and has fought a lot of guys who fought at LW and even BW. Bisping on the other hand is a relatively big guy, not for his weight class but compared to GSP. He has fought at LHW and MW and most of his opponents are natural LHWs. Could GSP tko or KO Rockhold? I don't think GSP would even reach Rockhold's chin, on top of the fact that he would get manhandled by the athletic giant. In terms of skill, GSP is better everywhere aside from pure traditional boxing, but that size difference will probably negate GSP's ability to take Bisping down, as well as his ability to keep Bisping at constant comfortable jab range on the feet. I now confidently believe Bisping puts a stand-up clinic on GSP and finishes him within 3.

Last edited:
Of course you do. You are a Sherbro and Bisping is the current champion.

Before he beat Rockhold, I don't think anyone had Bisping on his top 25-30 fighters.

Now he easily beat one if not the GOAT.

Smh...

The discussion of this fight makes me even more salty about never seeing Silva/GSP.

I'd say so. Bisping is much bigger and has equal cardio with better stand up and a well rounded game. Hard to keep down.

GSP is not thick? What are you smoking? The guy is like 5'10 195 lbs.

Anyone could TKO/KO Rockhold if he just stood sideways with his jaw just inches from your body.

ThunderousHarmlessDarwinsfox.gif

Could GSP have landed that shot? Of course he could.

I don't want to minimize Bisping's accomplishment, but it wasn't an indication of some new level of skill that Bisping has reached.

If anything, it's an indication of a new level of stupid that Rockhold reached.

I'm any event. Bisping doesn't beat GSP easily. Not at all. He can't stop the takedown, and he can't stop he top control.

Last edited:
Anyone could TKO/KO Rockhold if he just stood sideways with his jaw just inches from your body.

Could GSP have landed that shot? Of course he could.

I don't want to minimize Bisping's accomplishment, but it wasn't an indication of some new level of skill that Bisping has reached.

If anything, it's an indication of a new level of stupid that Rockhold reached.

I'm any event. Bisping doesn't beat GSP easily. Not at all. He can't stop the takedown, and he can't stop he top control.
tumblr_inline_nvgq4fh5dh1sr6c9u_500.gif
hqdefault.jpg
hi-res-1f1e7b88c00aa9ff6d9e5a9777dee144_crop_exact.jpg
fS7FHAj.gif
GSP would jab takedown Bisping all night.

The discussion of this fight makes me even more salty about never seeing Silva/GSP.

As it should be.

Although it could still happen even though Silva isn't champ.

But... GSP will say that's the reason why it doesn't give him "chill(s)" and he would rather fight Bisping whom is "the man to beat" right now.

Basically a bunch of horseshit because a GSP/Anderson fight (even today) would set the fucking roof on fire if it were to happen.

GSP won't let it.

Before he beat Rockhold, I don't think anyone had Bisping on his top 25-30 fighters.

Now he easily beat one if not the GOAT.

Smh...

What if TS was like "I think Matt Mitrione can beat Conor McGregor"?

Since you have a brain you would probably think it's perfectly reasonable for the bigger man to win, no matter the skill level of each fighter, as the greater the weight difference the less skill matters. Now we're discussing a WW vs MM, not FW vs HW, but it still is relevant. Weight does matter. GSP was able to smother his opponents because he was always their size, or even a bit bigger (he weighed between 187-194 (which is quite large for WW)). With Bisping he would be giving up this advantage. He will be shorter, and weigh less. This is not normal for GSP to be significantly smaller than his opponent.

Remember a couple months ago when there were people that were like "I don't care how gifted Conor is, he won't have the same size advantage he has enjoyed when he fights Diaz'"? I do.

I'm not saying I have pic in this fight. I'm just saying TS isn't being stupid by noting that size does matter in a fight. It's important.

Last edited:
not crazy to think that bisping has wicked TDD and he is much larger overall on the feet I'd learn towards bisping neither of them has much KO power but bisping is really high volume I could easily picture him winning a dec against GSP or even a tko..

He would do to GSP what he did to Cung Le. Different styles obviously, but he'd stuff GSP's takedowns which negates most of his game, then pepper him with shot after shot, bloody his face, take his soul and then finish him with knees late in the fight.

In fact, MMA generally comes full circle. I wouldn't be surprised to have this fight somewhat mimic GSP v BJ 2, except this time GSP quits on the stool. You were a dope fighter GSP but stay retired. You won't win this fight.

not crazy to think that bisping has wicked TDD and he is much larger overall on the feet I'd learn towards bisping neither of them has much KO power but bisping is really high volume I could easily picture him winning a dec against GSP or even a tko..
' WICKED TAKEDOWN DEFENSE ' Since when lol ?
fS7FHAj.gif
hqdefault.jpg
bispingrashad100_medium.gif
14579_Sequence_01_18.gif
chael-sonnen-michael-bisping-ufc-on-fox-2.jpg

I agree. At the moment, I'd put my money on Bisping. Mostly because GSP hasn't fought in three years. Last time he took just a year off and he looked very sloppy and slow against Condit. He even got dropped once. So, I don't see how he's going to handle a bigger guy, with good TDD, and solid boxing.

Back