Is Joseph Benavidez a Top 10 P4P Fighter?

Chernobyl426

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Joseph Benavidez is not on the UFC official top 15 P4P list. Personally I think he belongs on that list, if not top 10. He is 24-4 in his career and 11-2 in the UFC, with his career losses coming against Dominick Cruz and Demetrious Johnson. He lost to Dom by UD, lost by SD in rematch, lost to Johnson by SD, and lost by 1st round KO in rematch.

He won over Miguel Torres during Torres' prime in the WEC and came into the UFC relatively hot. This is his UFC record.

Ian Loveland - W Unanimous Decision
Eddie Wineland - W Unanimous Decision
Yasuhiro Urushitani - W 2nd round TKO
Demetrious Johnson - L Split Decision
Ian McCall - W Unanimous Decision
Darren Uyenoyama - W 2nd round KO
Jussier da Silva - W 1st round TKO
Demetrious Johnson - L 1st round KO
Tim Elliott - W 1st round SUB
Dustin Ortiz - W Unanimous Decision
John Moraga - W Unanimous Decision
Ali Bagautinov - W Unanimous Decision
Zach Makovsky - W Unanimous Decision

What do you guys think? Is Benavidez worthy of being seen as one of the best P4P fighters or does he just bully weak competition?

Only if our ufc overlords tell us so

Megan olivi thinks so!

Look man it has taken a fucking demon like demetrious johnson a lot of effort to convince people to accept him as a p4p top 2 fighter,there is no more room for fw fighters...

I sorry!

LOL.

08out2013---brasileiro-renan-barao-sorri-durante-entrevista-coletiva-para-o-ufc-fight-night-29-em-barueri-1381260008108_1024x682.jpg

Top 25, absolutely
Top 20, yeah probably
Top 15, not sure.
Top 10, Nah.

im not sure really. still a great fighter and always worth the watch

He's between Miesha Tate and Ronda.

Top 10 p4p hottest wives, sure. Top 10 flyweight of all time, sure.
Among the best in the lower weights, sure.

It really would come down to weight class thinking to be fair. If you believe flyweight is a bunch of cans there is definitely an argument to be made that he's not even top 20. If you don't think that's the case he's essentially to MM as what DC is to Jon. I really just don't know who all I'd have ranked above him in a P4P list?

I can only think of maybe eight or nine people who I think would be a guaranteed pick over him.

Jon, Cormier, Rumble, Conor, Aldo, Frankie, Cruz, Miesha, and MM.

Stipe is fresh off what some people would call a fluke KO. Bisping is champ but definitely not that impressive of one. Rockhold and Weidman both just lost. Romero is suspended and Jacare lost to Romero. RDA has a good argument but I don't know if I could call him consistent enough until we see how he does against Alvarez. Dillashaw has an argument but he really hasn't been that impressive in terms of competition. We saw him demolish Soto and Barao but that's more of a shot at those two than it is an accomplishment for TJ. Ronda is an absolute unknown right now. Joanna has done well so far but she arguably lost that first fight to Claudia. I just don't know how many fighters I can pick over Benavidez if we're talking strict P4P.

Let me see.
My top 25 p4p

1. Jones
2. Mighty Mouse
3. Cruz
4. Cormier
5. RDA
6. Lawler
7. Khabib
8. Wonderboy
9. Stipe
10. Frankie
11. Bisping
12. Conor
13. Aldo
14. Dillashaw
15. Holloway
-----
16. Benavidez ***
17. Cain
18. Overeem
19. Maia
20. Rockhold
-----
21. JDS
22. Weidman
23. Ferguson
24. Romero
25. Cerrone

Last edited:
Joseph Benavidez is the best fighter to never win a world title.

He doesnt have the strength, size, length, power to beat the hws. P4p doesn't work.

In p4p: If everyone is the same size, do HWs still keep their power? Do BWs still keep their speed?

He doesnt have the strength, size, length, power to beat the hws. P4p doesn't work.

In p4p: If everyone is the same size, do HWs still keep their power? Do BWs still keep their speed?

Less about pitting this fighter against that fighter and more about examining their accomplishments without weight class bias.

Let me see.
My top 25 p4p

1. Jones
2. Mighty Mouse
3. Cruz
4. Cormier
5. RDA
6. Lawler
7. Khabib
8. Wonderboy
9. Stipe
10. Frankie
11. Bisping
12. Conor
13. Aldo
14. Dillashaw
15. Holloway
-----
16. Benavidez ***
17. Cain
18. Overeem
19. Maia
20. Rockhold
-----
21. JDS
22. Weidman
23. Barboza
24. Romero
25. Cerrone

Like your list man....

But Barboza above Cerrone?

Him and Dodson are in a weird spot in P4P discussions right now.

I mean, they only lost to fighters who easily could be two of the best fighters in the world right now (MM, Cruz). Both had at least 1 close fights against MM and Cruz anyway.

For all that we know, Dodson and Benavidez could be #3 and #4 after MM and Cruz!

(I'm not saying they are, just trying to tell they don't have a loss for good measure on where they should be ranked)

Back