Anyone else enjoying Conor fans always trying to pretend 2-week camps are better than 8+ week camps?

Kelman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They did it after the Mendes fight and now after the Diaz fight. So ridiculous that it's quite hilarious.

Do these people not realize just how expensive training camps are for fighters? Obviously if a fighter could be at his physical and strategic best after 2 weeks, then every fight camp would be 2 weeks. The reason they are 8 weeks or more is because, even though it costs the fighter a huge amount of money, it is what generations of professional fighters have found to be the optimum time to ensure a full & comprehensive program of physical and tactical preparation has been undergone successfully.

Imagine Conor accepted a fight on 11 days notice and got his ass beat badly. There is not one solitary fanboy on this site who would stick with the "well that was 100% Conor anyway, that was as good as he could be".

Not one.

They are a joke. Pure, unadulterated fanboy bias.

People like to overthink camp length when we see these short notice wins like Diaz or Bisping. The truth is if every fighter was at their best after 2 weeks, every fighter would be doing 2 weeks.

People like to overthink camp length when we see these short notice wins like Diaz or Bisping. The truth is if every fighter was at their best after 2 weeks, every fighter would be doing 2 weeks.

Exactly.

Diaz and Bisping won after 2-week camps, but what will they do when they have the choice again?

Pay big-time money for 8-week camps.

Why? Too obvious........

I haven't read a lot of people saying, honestly, that Nate beat Conor based on Nate having a two week camp. Obvisously SOME have, cuz people will look for any available excuse, but I feel like this is nearing strawman territory.

Last edited:
Conor fans are non-existent on Sherdog nowadays. Only trolls and delusional nutjobs are still here.

The first Nate fight was like a genocide for them

Conor's new excuse is that he was prepared to face a different fighter. Guess what, dummy? Diaz had the same amount of time to prepare to face you. (Yes, I am talking to Conor)

generations of professional fighters
Lost me here. Generations of professional fighters? You mean Randy Couture and his son? I'm just not sold on fight camps.

That being said, yeah, lame excuse.

I haven't read a lot of people saying, honestly, that Nick beat Conor based on Nick having a two week camp. Obvisously SOME have, cuz people will look for any available excuse, but I feel like this is nearing strawman territory.
Are you trolling or just confused? You mentioned Nick twice but the TS referred to him on as Diaz.

xYbrgmq.jpg

I'm enjoying Conor being the #1 topic of discussion on Sherdog again.

#conorbless

I guess in 2 weeks you can get up to 90% of where you want to be. 90% can be enough.

Nate is 100% on two weeks notice. Barely 50% with long camps

It's simple math. Dummy.

This makes me laugh to

His fans are the worst

Back