Fact:Conor rocked Nate 2x Why is that ignored?+Mini-breakdowns+tease of big breakdown in the works!

TimingBeatsSpeed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you have followed Conor's career, or have read my previous breakdowns on Conor, one thing you will often see is how Conor's mental speeds and reaction speeds are second to none

Conor's ability to read, process, render, react (from mind to body) is Floyd-like

If you just blink an eye lash, Conor is reacting and already on the draw executing lol

In this exchage we see Nate attempting to lead with his 1-2
30viqgm.gif

Conor changes levels (gets low at the knees) and shifts low to his right slipping to the inside of the jab as he simultaneously shoots a counter over the top

Pay attention to this. As Conor slips the jab, he parries Nate's jab hand
2laao28.jpg

(then comes over the top with the counter)

Because Conor got low and shifted to his right - to slip low to the inside, the follow up left straight from Nate misses Conor too (sailing past Conor's lead shoulder)
672v74.jpg

(as Conor had countered over the top)

I mean...holy snaps..what a beautiful slip and counter on a taller opponent TO perfection by Conor

Nate leaned right into it too. As you can see Conor's beautiful flush counter snaps Nate's head in such a bad concussive manner it jolts his arms upwards. Nate was stunned.

Here we see another instance of Nate trying to lead with the 1-2 again
2w7laop.gif

Again Conor shifts to his right, slips to the inside and times a perfect simultaneous counter over the top as both of Nate's 1-2 misses Conor

This counter from Conor completely JOLTS Nate down to his feet. Nate was rocked

How can any true fan of the sweet science not be in awe of Conor's flawless defensive counter punching skill?

Here are some bonus gifs of just Conor making Nate miss
vgiumo.gif

Heres Conor showing off his matrix defense : )
2czd6hw.gif

All though it looks like at one point that Conor is stood parallel, which is a big no no, pay attention to how its actually Conor stepping from southpaw to orthdox then shuffling out laterally (plus Conor keeps a strong base and knows when hes in a defensively safe range) Conor has phenomenal defense.

Not to go too off topic, but it blows my mind when newbs say Conor has bad defense. I can post heaps and heaps of gifs showcasing how Conor has the most defensively complete skill set in MMA. I can show you tons and tons of examples of Conor doing it all defensively across all his fights (from Conor utilising shoulder rolls, to slips, to head movement, to bends, to level changes, to parries, to arm control, to head control, to pivots etc. When it comes to footwork/defense/boxing skill/countering skil, there is NO one better in MMA)

Anyway, lets look back at those gifs. Take the time to really appreciate the level of countering mastery we see from Conor. Such pure boxing skill by Conor. Such beautiful timing. Perfect countering IQ and slipping IQ by Conor. Smooth flawless countering skill by Conor.

Nate is one of MMA's "best boxers" according to forums, so how can you not respect/praise Conor even more considering the fact Conor was counter fucking Nate repeatedly despite massive height and reach disadvantages. That speaks volumes about how incredible Conor's boxing skill is on a legit pound for pound scale.

So In the 1st gif, Conor changes levels, shifts and slips low to the inside with a simultaneous over hand counter (Conor rocks Nate while both Nate's 1-2 miss). Second gif, more of that. I wanted to quickly recap, because thats HOW you counter a taller opponent (or his jab)

You will notice that when Conor was fresh this was how Conor was shutting down Nate's jabs and 1-2s for the most part

via slip and counters, pull away counters, split entry counters. Conor's counter IQ is sublime btw (so many countering tools in his tool box)

Btw Conor's slips to counter punches are such pure poetry in motion. Just slip and drop the punch with no wind up all in one smooth motion.

In fact, every time Nate showed his lead hand, Conor was on the draw countering

The fact Nate was being countered raised the threat level to red. The threat/then fear of being countered off his jabs had Nate throwing less and less jabs.

It wasnt until Nate started setting up jabs with push kicks that he could start jabbing with out worry again. Nate also started varrying the speeds of his jab. Conor has been made aware of all of this and will shut it all down in the rematch. Lateral movement renders linear kicks ineffective, plus broken rhythm/feints will disrupt Nate's different jab speeds/timing.

In conclusion, its almost been impossible to talk about this fight on the internet because of the insane amount of revisionist history thats taken place on forums - and the lies being repeated again and again (because some people on the internet dont like Conor they allow their irrational hate to blind them to all reality. Sad)

You have heard it before

"Bu but Conor threw everything at Nate and couldnt hurt him so imagine a rematch derp"

Fact is Conor did badly rock Nate twice (on top of massively out striking Nate, out boxing Nate, and out countering Nate the majority of the fight)

You would be deluding yourself to think Conor cant beat Nate or cant score a TKO off accumulation (or that he could still even counter KO a frustated Nate who cant cut off the ring and thus starts rushing Conor/running into shots. Conor already countered Nate a few times leaning in to it thus rocking him)

Having said that, there were also mistakes made by Conor that Conor acknowledges that Conor has promised to make the adjustments for

When the fight gets closer I plan to do the most extensive thorough breakdown you have ever seen: )

Dont worry, I will give you a quick tease right now: ) From the perspective of; what are Nate's flaws, what Conor did right vs what he did wrong, and how Conor can build off what he did right to really expose Nate while adding simple additions.

Will be continued in part 2

(Part 2)

What you can expect in the rematch is for Conor to continue off the massive success he had slipping to the inside while simultaneously shooting over hand counters. This was Conor' most effective counter on Nate. Getting Nate as he leaned in to it Conor would rock Nate. Also Conor's split entry counter lefts were giving Nate fits.

Conor can take what worked in the first fight and build off it...disregard what didnt work...

Heres what didnt work which Conor himself says he will disregard

No more spinning hook kicks. No more non sense uppercut predictions. No more flash

Conor will no longer be consistently bending at the waist either (waisting energy/allowing Nate to time Conor as Conor comes back up) Only when necessary now. Like after a lead - shoot and duck.

Just as you saw in the gifs, expect to see Conor getting low at the knees but much more frequently this time now (changing levels and shifting more often)

This will serve two purposes.

1. Getting low at the knees allows quicker foot speed from low stance to responsivly cover distance against a taller opponent (bending at the waist does hamper foot movement)

2. When you get low at the knees the taller opponent now has to punch downwards and that diminishes his reach greatly. This allows the shorter fighter whos low to then come up with counter hooks

These steps will ensure a much more mechanical, defensively iron clad Conor diminishing Nate's reach/creating easier oppurtunities

Conor said he plans to add to that with body work

Watch this from the first fight
15dp7xw.gif

Conor leans to his right to take his head off the center line then leads with an uprising jab. It gets Nate to cover up high. Off the newly created opening down low Conor sneaks a beautiful left staight down to the soul of the body. This one hurt Nate to the body. A couple more of these and Nate woulve been gassed, thus easier to KO later on

Such a beaituful sublime distraction, set up to the body by Conor

Expect more of this in the rematch

Also when Conor slips Nate's jab, expect him to now come up with counters to the body too. The body is a large target and will always be level with Conor. He cant ever miss there. "Full camp" Nate will gass out fast taking body shots like the one in the gif/slip come up counters to the body etc

And the key that will hold it all together: lateral movement/angles

In the latest training footage from Conor we saw Conor working on angled step outs, step arounds to blind spot left straights from T position, and pivots etc. This is already amazing news. Its proof that Conor is coming in to fully expose Nate's footwork this time. Conor aint playing around this time

As everyone knows Nate Diaz and his brother have severe flaws in their stance/footwork vs movement. Long side on narrow stance, turned in lead foot - it makes it hard for them to pivot, turn with opponents, cut off the ring etc

Just some simple easy corrections/adjustments and Conor 100% has the capability to utterly out class and humilate Nate

The theme of the rematch will likely be PURPOSE and efficiency

No more wasted anything

A far more economical and efficient Conor controlling the exchanges vs Nate with lateral movement, setting him up to walk into shots, stepping around him and landing/countering (think Dillashaw vs Renan) Countering Nate (like last time) when it is there and making each counter count and sting. Building them up. Making Nate gun shy. Setting up leads better up top. More body work. When Conor fights like Conor it will be the most lopsided decision in history. Cheers. Hope you enjoyed: )

Last edited:
Good shots but nah Nate wasn't all that phased and managed to recover in seconds.

Also if Conor expects to win the rematch he needs to throws combinations instead of looking for the 1 power shot KO.

He needs to string multiple hard shots together if he wants to KO Nate.

Of course anything can happen but I'm just saying.

Someone explain to this goober the difference between getting hit with a good shot and being rocked

Rocked is what Conor was before he shot for a takedown and got choked the fuck out. That's the only gif you need..
Oh and ofcourse, did not read..

And he still won. Nate is just on another level from Conor completely. Imagine what RDA would do to Conor, the poor guy would never fight again.

Though I probably agree with you TS, I'm not reading all that. But yeah, a lot of people like to only remember the parts where Nate had success and not remember the success Conor had.

At this point I'm starting to think McGregor is paying people to write huge walls of text "proving" the first fight was a fluke lol.

Are you making these? LoL.
Yeah I made this one...the in one...and the one without any text.

Now I'm just spamming them when appropriate lol.

Feel free to use...or if u have any request for text, tell me.

Can you breakdown that part when:

Fact: Nate hit Conor with not even that hard a punch and the notorious was rocked then fell to Nate's feet in what looked like a prayer?

Why are you so desperate to "prove" how good Conor is? It's disrespectful to Conor. He is FW champion, he doesn't need some oik making crap threads about how great he's doing when he's not doing great.

Back