Lets settle this GOAT talk once and for all

Rizzo

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems 75% of the threads and discussion around here these days revolve around who is the GOAT and which hyped contender will be the new or next GOAT. People toss this around like a couple saying I love you after a first tinder date, its getting ridiculous. So lets settle it for now.

I think anyone who has watched the sport for a while can agree on the "GOATs" for each weight class

HW: Fedor
LHW: Jones
MW: Silva
WW: GSP
LW: Penn
FW: Aldo
BW: Cruz
Fly: DJ

You can not be the GOAT if you arent even the GOAT in your own weight class so the choices have now been narrowed down to 8 people.

Now lets decide who the GOAT is. Rank these 9 guys in order of greatness top to bottom. After everyone who thinks they know who the GOAT is has had their chance to chime in, I will tally all the votes and we will finally proclaim the TRUE sherdog GOAT.

Let the games begin

giphy.gif

I am not sure how you can compare different divisions objectively. The only way the HW GOAT is not the overall GOAT (for me at least) is if the GOAT from a lower weight class was able to have major wins in higher weight classes.

Silva is probably the only contender based on that criteria. Unfortunately, he failed a drug test which is a big deal. And he has never beaten an active LHW champ.

So Fedor is the GOAT.

It seems 75% of the threads and discussion around here these days revolve around who is the GOAT and which hyped contender will be the new or next GOAT. People toss this around like a couple saying I love you after a first tinder date, its getting ridiculous. So lets settle it for now.

I think anyone who has watched the sport for a while can agree on the "GOATs" for each weight class

I am not sure how you can compare different divisions objectively. The only way the HW GOAT is not the overall GOAT (for me at least) is if the GOAT from a lower weight class was able to have major wins in higher weight classes.

Silva is probably the only contender based on that criteria. Unfortunately, he failed a drug test which is a big deal. And he has never beaten an active LHW champ.

So Fedor is the GOAT.

Has Fedor ever been drug-tested? Seriously?

Even the judges and refs are crooked in his fights now.

Has Fedor ever been drug-tested? Seriously?

Even the judges and refs are crooked in his fights now.

Fedor's post-retirement fights does not change his legacy, just like Anderson's recent losses. Neither does speculation.

You can not be the GOAT if you arent even the GOAT in your own weight class so the choices have now been narrowed down to 8 people.

Now lets decide who the GOAT is. Rank these 9 guys in order of greatness top to bottom. After everyone who thinks they know who the GOAT is has had their chance to chime in, I will tally all the votes and we will finally proclaim the TRUE sherdog GOAT.

Let the games begin

Male GOAT: Conor McGregor.
Female GOAT: Ronda Rousey.

You cannot be GOAT if you haven't been in the UFC, sold more than 1 million PPVs as a headliner, landed on the cover of SI and won at least one ESPY award, that is all.

Saying Fedor as the GOAT is laughable. Look at the GOATs in other sports: boxing GOAT Ali -> most famous athlete like, ever. B-ball GOAT Jordan - billion dollar blockbuster draw. Being the biggest blockbuster draw is a pre-req for GOAT status. Fedor has never competed in the premier org in MMA, nor was he remotely close to the biggest star in the sport. He's no GOAT.

there is no real GOAT. The GOAT is in your head. They look different in everyone's mind.

In a ring Fedor.

In a cage Jones.

If they were all the same relative size the Cruz would most likely decision everyone.

Jon Jones is the GOAT. In fact, he's the only person to ever beat Jon Jones.

But for real, i believe he's the only GOAT candidate that would have beaten all the other candidates.

Male GOAT: Conor McGregor.
Female GOAT: Ronda Rousey.

You cannot be GOAT if you haven't been in the UFC, sold more than 1 million PPVs as a headliner, landed on the cover of SI and won at least one ESPY award, that is all.

Saying Fedor as the GOAT is laughable. Look at the GOATs in other sports: boxing GOAT Ali -> most famous athlete like, ever. B-ball GOAT Jordan - billion dollar blockbuster draw. Being the biggest blockbuster draw is a pre-req for GOAT status. Fedor has never competed in the premier org in MMA, nor was he remotely close to the biggest star in the sport. He's no GOAT.
You can not be GOAT and find up by Nate Diaz.

You're right about Ronda though.

All I know is this constant goat talk is the woat

Back