Johny Hendricks still making excuses about Thompson loss

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
Just in case you forgot how utterly unlikable this guy is:

2:25 - Blames the weight cut for not training enough specifically for Thompson, says Thompson "switched to gameplan B" and started running away, which frustrated him

7:38 - Still blaming not having any sparring partners because they are supposedly scared he's going to hurt them. Yet he later brags about beating up Gastelum in a sparring session lol

10:15 - says Hunt/Lesnar fight is 50/50 because Lesnar is scared of getting hit and Hunt's TDD "sucks"

Johny "Stepping Stone" Hendricks is a natural whiner.

Hendricks_Excuse_Maker.jpg

Tough to be the most unlikable guy in MMA with folks like Conor, Brock and Jon Jones, but, you know, congrats I guess Johnny.

I love every fight on 200, but for some reason his fight with Gastelum just doesn't do much for me... No clue why.

Seeing this makes me want to pick Gastelum but eh.

He will have a lot after Kelvin whoops him

If Hendricks chin isn't cracked after Condit, Lawler, n Wonderboy he should easily beat Gastellum

Yes he's annoying but he's literally better at every aspect of mma

Tough to be the most unlikable guy in MMA with folks like Conor, Brock and Jon Jones, but, you know, congrats I guess Johnny.
Hendricks is in the same category that Rockhold, the dude is way to salty about his losses,get over it man, you're still a top dog.

I love every fight on 200, but for some reason his fight with Gastelum just doesn't do much for me... No clue why.

Seeing this makes me want to pick Gastelum but eh.

Every single early prelim fight should be slotted over Hendricks/Gastelum

I like Jonny actually, he seems like a solid dude. But there's a clear reason he lost to WB. He left his team and ran his own camp. You can't do that at a high level. It simply doesn't work. It's no coincidence he got KO'd first time in the first fight after quitting he team. He needs to get with a top team. He was a destroyer and lost some pretty shitty decisions, GSP and Robbie. But training yourself to fight a guy as tricky and skilled as WB is just insane.

He had so much going for him after losing to gsp. And he whined and whined and whined any goodwill away to the point the dude is one of the least likable fighters on the roster. Excuses for everything.

You guys are silly. Every single fighter after they lose make excuses, either public or in their own head.

That said, Hendricks is insufferable.

It looks like he's on the verge of tears in the thumbnail of the video too

It's perfect

He lacks that extra gear that a champion is born with.

One doesn't get a sense (from watching him fight) that he is going to make that TURN during the fight...

Against Wonderboy he fucking wilted...which seemed par for the course, and even in the post fight interview he seemed content with losing.

Back