UFC 200 is an amazing card, but the promotion of the event seems lacking?

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
UFC 200 is the biggest card of all time.

We are 2 weeks away, I feel like they haven't done enough to start selling this card. For a fan that spends his days on Sherdog, the fights alone will sell this thing, but for everyone else where is the promotion? Are/were they waiting for the NBA Finals to end before spending their money for fear that it would be overshadowed or what?

Is there a list of upcoming promotional press conferences and FS1 programming set for the next 2 weeks? I was hoping to see a bunch of lead up shows for this event. Jones/DC 1 buildup was the best buildup of all time in MMA and this time less than 2 weeks out and it has been a ghost town. Will there be a last minute media blitz?

Was just thinking this yesterday. The card is incredible and I feel like I've not heard anything about it.

I'm with you, TS. It feels eerily quiet leading up to the event. Felt the same way for the Conor/RDA fight, before it became Conor/Nate. It was a fight with your biggest star, going up a weight class to challenge the LW champ, and a chance to make history, and become a 2 division champ. You'd think the UFC would be pouring $ after $ into it.

Same thing with UFC 200. They don't even have in depth Youtube videos, previewing the match up, or a bunch of pre fight fluff. Not even an Embedded series, which would be absolutely perfect for this event.

I honestly think the UFC has come to the conclusion that whoever was gonna buy the PPV is gonna buy it anyways, and they have enough of their demographic covered, and feel secure that they've gained enough new fans through Brock, Ronda, and Conor, and just letting it ride with the waves. Stupid if you ask me. There should be television spots for this event on every major network, and I should be seeing billboards every time I drive down 290 East and West going to and from work.

Step it up, ZUFFA.

Last edited:
The UFC is sold so now they don't give a fuck lol. Odds are next week will be hype week.

I agree. Definitely weird, I don't see any commercials or ads anywhere. Very sketchy.

We are 2 weeks away, I feel like they haven't done enough to start selling this card. For a fan that spends his days on Sherdog, the fights alone will sell this thing, but for everyone else where is the promotion? Are/were they waiting for the NBA Finals to end before spending their money for fear that it would be overshadowed or what?

Is there a list of upcoming promotional press conferences and FS1 programming set for the next 2 weeks? I was hoping to see a bunch of lead up shows for this event. Jones/DC 1 buildup was the best buildup of all time in MMA and this time less than 2 weeks out and it has been a ghost town. Will there be a last minute media blitz?

ARE YOU NOT PUMPED YET?

tnWUyVs.jpg

realistically, is it really that amazing?

jones/dc already happened and was pretty one sided. now jones is still coming off of the long layoff
lesnar is the biggest reason to watch, but hasn't fought for how many years? he'll still just take hunt down though
tate...enough said
aldo/edgar already happened and is for an "interim" belt

jones/dc already happened and was pretty one sided. now jones is still coming off of the long layoff
lesnar is the biggest reason to watch, but hasn't fought for how many years? he'll still just take hunt down though
tate...enough said

I'd say yea, it is really that amazing. The PPV lineup alone might not be "legendary" but as a fightpass/fs1 prelims/PPV combined event, there has never been anything better.

Excellent observation. I hadn't even thought about it but you are right. I haven't seen anything at all promoting this card.

ARE YOU NOT PUMPED YET?

tnWUyVs.jpg

That's honestly one of the best posters they've ever made, and come out with. I'm impressed. That's avatar worthy. In fact, that's my new avatar lol.

They've been busy preparing to sell. I mean, nevermind. Everything is fine. Just enjoy the event ya goof.

tate...enough said
Go ahead and mention better card so I can laugh. No Conor on this card makes it even more epic.

tate...enough said

Your'e officially Sherdog's worst poster with this post. Congratulations.

That's honestly one of the best posters they've ever made, and come out with. I'm impressed. That's avatar worthy. In fact, that's my new avatar lol.

It's a great poster no doubt, but you sure you want it as your avatar?

JJcujWc.jpg

I love the lack of promotion. I hate the media circus they normally do! I love when they amp up the promotion only a week out!!! It hypes me up a lot!!! Also it's safer to do promotion a week out so most likely no one pulls out of the fight!!!

It kinds creeps up on you and it feels like a treat when the day finally comes. This is the way to go imo. Do a media blitz a week out. Get on every on every show out there from conan to Fallon etc. If I'm Dana I try to get on those shows myself. Go on with Lesnar or something.

The promotion for this event is so shit. The few commercials I've seen are mediocre at best. Sad really.

It's a great poster no doubt, but you sure you want it as your avatar?

JJcujWc.jpg

Hah, good point. Back to my Weidman or DC avatar, I go.

Pick one between Chris or DC. It's your choice.

I love the lack of promotion. I hate the media circus they normally do! I love when they amp up the promotion only a week out!!! It hypes me up a lot!!! Also it's safer to do promotion a week out so most likely no one pulls out of the fight!!!

It kinds creeps up on you and it feels like a treat when the day finally comes. This is the way to go imo. Do a media blitz a week out. Get on every on every show out there from conan to Fallon etc. If I'm Dana I try to get on those shows myself. Go on with Lesnar or something.

You make a good point with that scenario.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back