Some of you really think GOAT cant win at HW

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
All you hear around here is BS about "nightmare matchups" for bones at HW. DC was also supposed to be a nighmtare matchup and hes gonna get owned again. And hes an ex HW and got manhandled.

Heres the breakdown

Cain-Wtf would he do though? Too short and would get picked apart at range and probably outwrestled too
Stipe- Actually a good matchup but skillwise isnt on jones level, would get picked apart to a decision
Werdum-Picked apart
Hunt- too small, gets outwrestled or submitted has a punchers chance though
Rothwell-LMAO
Reem- only guy who could outstrike him

So when you look at at, bones shits on pretty much all of them skill wise. Put some respect on his name
jon-jones_ufc.jpg

I do think he can. Conor can beat all of them.

Last edited:
GOAT is GOAT because he wins at HW.

If you don't win at HW, you're no GOAT.

Most people think he can beat heavyweights. Dominant at HW, not so much. He'll experience defeat just like others fighting at that weight.

He can absolutely be victorious at heavyweight, its just a much harder challenge and losing is something you can only avoid so long fighting 250lb+ men.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does and Anderson like thing soon and fights ranked but not top dog heavyweights until he decides where he stays.

Didn't read but Conor definitely hasent forgot about that 155,170 and HW belt

I want to see Jones vs Rumble to make conclusions. He is the most similar stylistically to a HW with big power and limited cardio. DC fight has already proven that Jones would be very competitive against anyone without big KO power.

When you break it down like that, how could anyone disagree? On paper, he just picked Werdum apart...I guess.

Jones already said his excuses to duck HW... to "old".. to "small" ... He would never fight at HW

I feel sorry for the fans.

Don't hate the goat, hate the game.

Johnny Bones Jones - Greatest ever.

He could be competitive with a number of guys, but competent strikers with heavy hands would get to him frequently I think.

I think guys like Dos Santos, Overeem, and Miocic would be incredibly dangerous against him.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Jonny ducks HW
OP is a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Greg Jackson will never allow him to move up to HW, you can bank on that.

I just beat the ever living shit out of a 150 lb midget, same weight class and everything. It had nothing to do with any physical advantages on my part. Pure skill baby!

when you cut weight to avoid top HWs, you can hardly be called goat. Jones is amazing, And you can argue he already is LHW goat. But not GOAT.

Back