Coach John Kavanagh - overated coach

Edsonbarboza1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think this guy is more hyped than Conor,awful coach.

If you take Conor out of the equation his fighters in the ufc have done garbage,

Ais Daly is rubbish,Hoolohan no good and Pendred speaks for himself,

does anyone agree Conor became a world champion inspite of him rather than because him,

Gunnar Nelson was a black belt under Renzo Gracie when he started training under him,

His corner advice has been useless telling gunner to gullotine DAMIAN MAIA ffs,

Lets IDO PORTAL work with his fighter a guy glorified pole dancer

I Notice he released a book,why did he release it before the rematch?

Knows he will lose and doesnt want to include it.

Overrated? I don't think I've ever seen someone anything nice about him

He's a cunt and no-one likes him.

That being said, he's probably a decent coach if you judge him on the quality of Irish mma coaches.

image.jpeg
This guy says he has that title, son

This thread is insane and just goes to show how bitter and angry MMA fans are.

Also, Cathal Pendred won a lot of fights, Gunnar Nelson is a serious talent etc.

It's a small sample size.

He is definitely talked about way too much. Feeding off the fame from Conor as much as possible.

Look at the striking of his figthers,Conor was a decent boxer when he started,hes a glorified bjj coach a complete yes man cashing in on McGregor.

I think this guy is more hyped than Conor,awful coach.

If you take Conor out of the equation his fighters in the ufc have done garbage,

Ais Daly is rubbish,Hoolohan no good and Pendred speaks for himself,

does anyone agree Conor became a world champion inspite of him rather than because him,

Gunnar Nelson was a black belt under Renzo Gracie when he started training under him,

His corner advice has been useless telling gunner to gullotine DAMIAN MAIA ffs,

Lets IDO PORTAL work with his fighter a guy glorified pole dancer
ever trained under him? JK is highly respected in Europe. But of course you know better than anyone else dont you?

This thread is insane and just goes to show how bitter and angry MMA fans are.

Also, Cathal Pendred won a lot of fights, Gunnar Nelson is a serious talent etc.

It's a small sample size.
image.jpeg
Beast and legend right there!

ever trained under him? JK is highly respected in Europe. But of course you know better than anyone else dont you?

Cmon man... Outside of Mcrgegor who has he built up? Most of his fighters shouldn't even be on the UFC roster, and Gunner and Makwan(overrated) are the products of other camps.

Honestly I never hear much people hyping him up buddeh, whenever I do hear him being brought up is when he posts something on social media and rustles many jimmies.

Helax TS, hespect for Kavanagh being best coach in Ireland.

He set up a coaching system that groomed McGregor from a young aspiring champion to who he is today, Irish MMA is in it's infancy when compared to USA and Brasil and yet they can boast to have produced the highest paid MMA fighter ever. The coach can take some credit for that when you look at their history. The hate is just irrational, and Kavanagh deserves to have his profile lifted as a result of the success of the fighters he brought from nothing.

Cmon man... Outside of Mcrgegor who has he built up? Most of his fighters shouldn't even be on the UFC roster, and Gunner and Makwan(overrated) are the products of other camps.
Cathal, Ash, Paddy. Not to mention James Gallagher who makes his Bellator debut soon. theres a team full of fighters that you guys wont know about(and even I wont know about) because its hard to get exposure in Europe(theres not many shows). All I know that one of the most respected coaches in Scotland(Jojo's ex, Stevie Ray's coach James Doolan) rates JK highly, and refers to him as "coach". As I respect James opinion highly I have no reason to think JK isnt a good coach

Cathal, Ash, Paddy. Not to mention James Gallagher who makes his Bellator debut soon. theres a team full of fighters that you guys wont know about(and even I wont know about) because its hard to get exposure in Europe(theres not many shows). All I know that one of the most respected coaches in Scotland(Jojo's ex, Stevie Ray's coach James Doolan) rates JK highly, and refers to him as "coach". As I respect James opinion highly I have no reason to think JK isnt a good coach

I don't think he's straight garbage, I do think he's highly overrated. Cathal, Ash, and Paddy aren't ones to brag about. I think they're pioneers of the sport in Ireland, and I respect them for that, but let's not pretend, they only got on the UFC roster because of Mcgregor.

Dude releasing a book after his best fighter loses is fucking stank

I don't think he's straight garbage, I do think he's highly overrated. Cathal, Ash, and Paddy aren't ones to brag about. I think they're pioneers of the sport in Ireland, and I respect them for that, but let's not pretend, they only got on the UFC roster because of Mcgregor.
na, all of them were top fighters in Europe. Conor just made noise and got them there sooner, but they all wouldve gotten there eventually

he trains like 1/2 top fighters?

who knows

Back