Is ANYONE rooting for CM Punk?

Fahrenheit1221

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen a single person on here that's rooting for him against Mickey Gall. I can clearly understand why so many people are against him getting a shot with no experience but it's definitely going to be a spectacle to say the very least.

Is there anyone rooting for CM Punk?

I'm surprised he is even actually going to go through with it. I give him credit for stepping in there. I wouldn't mind seeing him win if it brought more attention to MMA.

Yes.

tumblr_inline_nv1106T6uM1qbo3oa_500.gif

@BC 206 @MacDougall @McgreGOATsLeft @CM Monk @Myrddin Wyllt @Seoul @Oku @ZackZed @OnePunchCrunch
@silus_2000 @Sudoistehgoat @Chillez @vigneshm1995 @Red Ninja @ragreynolds @Bubzeh @Ranger @judge wolf @Podcast @Pure Dust @SocraticMethod
@LORDTENSAIMMA @The guest @BokaBokte --- AND STILL ... Growing!

Last edited:
For sure. Im rooting for him to make it to the octagon so he can get smashed.

Am i doing this right?

If for no other reason to see all the butt hurt posts here.

No I think we all pretty much want him to get KO'd Brendan Schaub style

I'd like to see him win to see Sherdog whine about it.

If he wins it will be annoying for those of us who train in MMA-related styles. So many drunk fatties are like "I'd just kick a guy in the face if he tried to take me down" or whatever, and having the blob of shapelessness with little training win would be frustrating. Kind of like how James Toney needed to lose because WTF was he fucking thinking.

I would love if he did well and surprised us all.

But everything I've heard from those who've watched him train says this is a train careening at 100mph toward a broken track with no brakes.

Punk has been one of my favorite pro wrestlers since the 2000's. He is brave for taking this chance. I hope he proves everybody on sherdog and the MMA community wrong and defeats Gall.

Not rooting for him or against him I know nothing about Mickey Gall either. I will say I respect Punk for putting the work in and just not riding his celebrity, I wish him luck...

Last edited:
Yup. Huge underdog no matter what he does. People on Sherdog will be so butthurt if he cleans house. So yeah I am rooting for him.

In all seriousness. He is brave enough to step in the cage. Let's see what he got.

If he wins it will be annoying for those of us who train in MMA-related styles. So many drunk fatties are like "I'd just kick a guy in the face if he tried to take me down" or whatever, and having the blob of shapelessness with little training win would be frustrating. Kind of like how James Toney needed to lose because WTF was he fucking thinking.
Punk has been passionate about martial arts his entire life and doesn't drink/do drugs/eat unhealthy etc. A bit different from the many useless slobs that comprise the MMA fanbase.

He'll probably lose, my point is just that he's far from the poster child for ignorant drunks who think they can beat pro fighters.

I don't think I've seen a single person on here that's rooting for him against Mickey Gall. I can clearly understand why so many people are against him getting a shot with no experience but it's definitely going to be a spectacle to say the very least.

Is there anyone rooting for CM Punk?

I'm surprised he is even actually going to go through with it. I give him credit for stepping in there. I wouldn't mind seeing him win if it brought more attention to MMA.
I definitely am. Through all of his interviews with Ariel he comes off like a smart and sincere guy. I'd like him to win this one and a few more before being thrown to someone who is legit where he will lose and then replace Rogan in retirement.

I hope he does well. I really just hope he doesn't look like shit or fold early. Why? I don't know.

I'm sure all the WWE fans are, the same fans that thought Brock's success in the UFC was due to his experience in Pro Wrestling.

Back