About Bones giving up HW: LHW is not as weak as you guys think.

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Almost all you guys say that LHW is a dying division, but i disagree:

Top 5 is still really, really strong. Teixeira, Rumble, Cormier, Gusto and Jones, all championship material imo.
And we have some great guys coming up, like Cirkunov and Krylov... And of course, some surprises will always come up, no one knows about the future.

Maybe we have some HW cutting down to 205, who knows... Jones, if he stays champion, will have his challenges im sure. As Weidman beat Silva and Conor beat Aldo, some guy can beat Jon too and make the tides turn. this is the fight game ;)

LHW is pretty strong still. Any of those guys you mentioned could be champ if Jones wasn't there. But he's already cleaned out the division and except for the Rumble fight, any interesting fight is gonna be rematches. He's kind of in the position GSP was in. And everybody was clamoring for GSP to go up in weight, too.

Anytime you have a really dominant fighter it makes the rest of the division look weak even though it isn't. WW in GSPs time, MW in Silva's time, yada yada yada. Just because they beat everyone doesn't mean they aren't king of a hill full of awesome fighters.

Almost all you guys say that LHW is a dying division, but i disagree:

Top 5 is still really, really strong. Teixeira, Rumble, Cormier, Gusto and Jones, all championship material imo.
And we have some great guys coming up, like Cirkunov and Krylov... And of course, some surprises will always come up, no one knows about the future.

Maybe we have some HW cutting down to 205, who knows... Jones, if he stays champion, will have his challenges im sure. As Weidman beat Silva and Conor beat Aldo, some guy can beat Jon too and make the tides turn. this is the fight game ;)

It's a great division indeed, no one doubts that. BUT, no one in top 5 can beat him...

Jones isn't even the champion right now and hasn't beaten Cormier for a second time. I favor him but this discussion is jumping the gun a little bit.

TS you could've just posted this in the Jones HW thread. Don't have to start a new thread every time you want to post something lol

Jones isn't even the champion right now and hasn't beaten Cormier for a second time. I favor him but this discussion is jumping the gun a little bit.

I honestly forgot that, haha. I want DC to win but apparently my mind has written him off.

I think it's a very top heavy but not really deep division. The Top 4-5 are awesome, after that I feel like nobody has even a chance of touching the belt.

LOL @ Cirkunov and Krylov. Are u gonna hype up Bosse next?

LHW has great top talent in Bones, DC, Humble, Gus and Glover but thats it. Everything else in that division is mediocre or shit. Gus only has one top win in a past prime Shogun and hes considered elite.

Bader is considered the best guy in LHW outside those 5 but he got murked by Lyoto whos a MW and he will never escape that Tito loss where he got basically KOd and choked in the same fight.

OSP? The guy who got outwrestled and beaten MW top 10 Gegard Moosaucy and shouldve had a draw with Gian Villante lmao. OSP is a very mediocre fighter in the grand scheme of things but is prolly the best guy outside the elite and Bader.

I mean in reality Phil Davis is a top 5 LHW, he ragdolled Glover whos considered elite and choked Gus in a round. Plus he actually made it to decision with Humble and did surprisingly well on defense, his defensive striking is underrated as piss poor as his offense is. He also has better grappling and control than a guy Bones considering what he was able to do with Glover and Gus compared to Bones when he got him down, or Lyoto who couldnt get out of Davis' grasp while he got up against Bones.

If u made a top 10 of LHW 3 of those guys would be outside the UFC in Davis, McGeary and Mo. And Lassell and Newton are better fighters than half the UFC's LHW division lmao. The division is garbage and more shallow than even HW or FLW.

I think it's a very top heavy but not really deep division. The Top 4-5 are awesome, after that I feel like nobody has even a chance of touching the belt.

You could say that about any division though. There tend to be about 3-4 contenders per division, and when you get one with more people say it's stacked.

there is legit nobody up and coming in the UFC at LHW. Rizin literally found 3 better up and coming LHW's for their grand prix last year than the UFC has in years.

You're gonna feel real silly after Krylov submits Bones with a scarf hold armlock

Lol, i love watching Krylov fight. Fun and dynamic fighter/finisher but if hes an example of an up and coming great LHW............

You could say that about any division though. There tend to be about 3-4 contenders per division, and when you get one with more people say it's stacked.

most divisions don't drop off nearly as dramatically as LHW. You have the top 5, and then the number 6 is Bader who is alright, but after him, it's pretty pitiful. OSP is not terribly good, then the number 7 ranked LHW is Shogun. Think about that. 2016 Shogun is the number 7 LHW according to the UFC. There is no new wave of LHW's coming up, there hasn't been for a while. guys like Manuwa from UCMMA and Blachowicz from KSW flopped and the Rizin kids are too young and raw.

even HW, a notoriously weak weight class, has a pretty decent top 10.

33e0977.jpg

yup most people

You cant say that about WW, LW or FW who has far more than 3-4 contenders, and theres a far, far lesser disparity between the top 5 and even 15-20 guys than LHW. With the coming talent right now, BW will be up there too if not already.

Even MW has guys like Whittaker, Brunson, Santos etc.

LHW literally has nothing of note outside the top 5.

You're gonna feel real silly after Krylov submits Bones with a scarf hold armlock

I feel you, but I think we need to keep the Krylov hype train at the station for now. Just for now while it gets worked on.

Back