Interesting GSP question

Rod Farva

War Big Nog!
@Gold
Reaction score
If GSP does comes back, challenge Bisping for the title and wins it fair and square, will it change your opinion of him?
will you give him credit for being a great fighter?
Will you say he should have fought Silva five years ago?

If it changes your opinion, how and why?

I personally think gsp is awesome.

So no it wont change any opinion i have of him at all.

Including him ducking anderson. I think he did. And fighting bisping is not the same.

My opinion of GSP won't change..

He'll always be a mans man in my books...

Look, he is the GOAT. Yet he has more haters around here than all the other GOAT candidates combined. And the claims of his haters get more more ridiculous every day. Nothing will change their opinion.

If he fights Bisping he was ducking Anderson, Weidman, Rockhold and Lawler. If he fights Lawler he is afraid of MW and doesn't even dare to fight Bisping. If he fights Anderson he has waited until he is past his prime and is ducking Lawler. If he fights RDA he is ducking all of WW and MW. If he beats Bisping and RDA to become the first and only three division champion he is not defending his belts and ducking the other contenders. If he doesn't come back it's because of USADA. If he comes back and is clean it's because he used his time away to cycle off. The possibilities are endless.

I personally don't blame him for not fighting Silva back then. He had a legit reason not to. Silva never fought Jones, and they were closer in size. Jones isn't and didn't go up and fight the HW Champ. Why does GSP get singled out?

He is already the legit GOAT in my book, so no, it would not change my opinion of him.

I personally think gsp is awesome.

So no it wont change any opinion i have of him at all.

Including him ducking anderson. I think he did. And fighting bisping is not the same.
He didn't choose to fight Anderson but its not like Anderson did what GSP didn't do. People seem to forget that Silva fought 3 LHWs that were perfect match ups for him because he lacked challengers in his own division. Forest, James Irvin and Bonnar are not killers at all. Anderson gets "Credit" for moving up but he didn't fight Jon Jones when he had the chance. GSP vs Bisping at 185 is more impressive IMO than Anderson vs Irvin, Griffin and Bonnar at LHW. Not by much but greater.

If he then fought and beat Jacare I would change my opinion, but right now I think he's just a opportunistic canuck

Maybe he will try to get that MW strap from Bisping, then take the WW belt back from whoever is holding it and then drop down and take the LW title.

Farfetched maybe but definitely possible.

Also for those shitting on GSP for entertaining the Bisping fight, I don't hear Robbie calling out anybody from MW, you know the division he used to fight at.

He didn't choose to fight Anderson but its not like Anderson did. People seem to forget that Silva fought 3 LHWs that were perfect match ups for him because he lacked challengers in his own division. Forest, James Irvin and Bonnar are not killers at all. Anderson gets "Credit" for moving up but he didn't fight Jon Jones when he had the chance. GSP vs Bisping at 185 is more impressive IMO than Anderson vs Irvin, Griffin and Bonnar at LHW. Not by much but greater.
Yeah, but it's not like GSP would have ever had a thought of fighting Bisping if he didn't hold the belt.

i dig gsp.

i think he could have fought anderson and i wish that he had, but he doesnt owe me or the fans anything, really.

look at conner--he didnt really go up weight, but he did fight a few weightclasses that we are used to seeing him fight at, against a guy the same size as him, with little time to prepare, and he got the shit slapped outta him. that decision and that loss will forever tarnish his legacy.

based on conner and the way that back fired, i can understand gsp decision insofar as they similar, the obvious differences being that silva is legitimately bigger than gsp.

also gsp fought and continued to fight all comers at ww, whereas coner is obviously avoiding having to fight edgar.

He will win the title, and retire. It will piss off Dana again.

Yeah, but it's not like GSP would have ever had a thought of fighting Bisping if he didn't hold the belt.
Yes and Silva wouldnt have fought Bonnar, Griffin or Irvin if he had anyone at MW to fight. He didn't have any challengers the likes of Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare during his prime. GSP was busy defending his title at WW in the deepest division the UFC has had in its history. Anderson also ducked The Chris as long as he could and never entertained going to LHW to fight Jones. Do you think if Bisping had snatched the LHW belt from Jon Jones if he had been selected as a last minute replacement for UFC 151 that Silva wouldn't have been ready for a titleshot at 205?

He wants big money fights and in order to get those you need to fight someone in the spotlight. Hence the newly crowned mw champion. But to be fair the mw title has changed hands 3 times in the last year.

He wants big money fights and in order to get those you need to fight someone in the spotlight. Hence the newly crowned mw champion. But to be fair the mw title has changed hands 3 times in the last year.
Well why doesn't he go after RDA after his comments on how modern LW's are bigger than him and he has no place at MW?

Back