Two big reasons why I think DC will beat Jones...

TexasProcessOperator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1.) Cain Velasquez is healthy and fighting the same night. Unlike last time, DC actually has Cain healthy to help him prepare. You can expect DC's wrestling and endurance to be a lot better for this fight. He didn't have this luxury in the last Jones fight. I'm not saying DC will run a wrestling clinic on Jones, but this will definitely help him when against the fence and for potential scrambles. And he will very likely have much better endurance this time.

2.) The first fight wasn't exactly a blowout and with some adjustments, DC CAN win the fight. Will he? That will be answered on fight night. But it wasn't such a one sided fight that DC just simply face "a guy who's a bad matchup for him". DC knows what he did wrong and what to do to prevent it from happening again.

I remember back in 2007 when Randy Couture said that when rematches happen, the guy who lost the first one has advantages going into the second fight as long as the first fight wasn't such an epic one sided beat down (and it definitely wasn't). And that's usually because the guy who lost will make the adjustments needed to not make those same mistakes twice. And also, the winner usually has a hard time getting "up" for the rematch or typically gets over confident. This levels the playing field tremendously.

I don't think people in these boards are giving DC the respect he deserves going into this fight. Typically Sherdoggers act as if rematches will always go down the same way the first one did or worse. In some cases that's true, but in most cases it's not. Jones is not a stylistic "bad matchup" for DC. They are evenly matched in a lot of ways. DC is stronger in many places than Jones is and visa versa.

Moreover, this fight will come down to where Jones is right now as a fighter. He looked very human against OSP despite winning clearly. Ring rust aside, if you look back over the last few years, Jones hasn't exactly been the same killer he's known to be in the first few years of his career. I can't give many more reasons why I think DC will win, but for this fight, he's definitely got a lot more going for him, I believe 110% that he's more hungry and motivated to win this fight than Jones is and if Jones doesn't come into this fight on his absolute A-Game, I feel he will lose this fight by decision.

I'm not speaking in absolutes like most people on here do, but I have this gut feeling that DC is gonna pull this off. Would it surprise me if Jones whooped DC's ass? Hell no it wouldn't. Jones is every bit as good as advertised. But I feel that in this moment, at this very time, DC is exactly where he needs to be to win this fight both physically and mentally.

Get ready for the incoming shitstorm. haha

I do think the rematch is going to be even more competitive than the first fight.

I will be jumping up & down if DC wins.

1.) Cain Velasquez is healthy and fighting the same night. Unlike last time, DC actually has Cain healthy to help him prepare. You can expect DC's wrestling and endurance to be a lot better for this fight. He didn't have this luxury in the last Jones fight.

2.) The first fight wasn't exactly a blowout and with some adjustments, DC CAN win the fight. Will he? That will be answered on fight night. But it wasn't such a one sided fight that DC just simply face "a guy who's a bad matchup for him". DC knows what he did wrong and what to do to prevent it from happening again.

I remember back in 2007 when Randy Couture said that when rematches happen, the guy who lost the first one has advantages going into the second fight as long as the first fight wasn't such an epic one sided beat down (and it definitely wasn't). And that's usually because the guy who lost will make the adjustments needed to not make those same mistakes twice. And also, the winner usually has a hard time getting "up" for the rematch or typically gets over confident. This levels the playing field tremendously.

I don't think people in these boards are giving DC the respect he deserves going into this fight. Typically Sherdoggers act as if rematches will always go down the same way the first one did or worse. In some cases that's true, but in most cases it's not. Jones is not a stylistic "bad matchup" for DC. They are evenly matched in a lot of ways. DC is stronger in many places than Jones is and visa versa.

Moreover, this fight will come down to where Jones is right now as a fighter. He looked very human against OSP despite winning clearly. Ring rust aside, if you look back over the last few years, Jones hasn't exactly been the same killer he's known to be in the first few years of his career. I can't give many more reasons why I think DC will win, but for this fight, he's definitely got a lot more going for him, I believe 110% that he's more hungry and motivated to win this fight than Jones is and if Jones doesn't come into this fight on his absolute A-Game, I feel he will lose this fight by decision.

I'm not speaking in absolutes like most people on here do, but I have this gut feeling that DC is gonna pull this off. Would it surprise me if Jones whooped DC's ass? Hell no it wouldn't. Jones is every bit as good as advertised. But I feel that in this moment, at this very time, DC is exactly where he needs to be to win this fight both physically and mentally.

Cain isnt the same Cain as he was when he prepared for JBJ the first time. Training partners who arent similar to JBJ wont do shit here. He needs to train with a similar build and the closest that gym has to JBJ is Rockhold.

DC can certainly win, especially now with Jones but I don't think he can. JBJ by 5 round decision.

Get ready for the incoming shitstorm. haha

I do think the rematch is going to be even more competitive than the first fight.

I will be jumping up & down if DC wins.
Oh yeah, I'm ready for the couch potatoes and 12 year old pre-pubescent boys to flame me, lol.

Oh yeah, I'm ready for the couch potatoes and 12 year old pre-pubescent boys to flame me, lol.

But thats why you made the thread to ruffle some feathers, aint it? Dont lie Whitebelt.

no freaking way.

Jones is on the uphill, DC is on the downhill, and Jones beat him already when they were closer to each other form and prime-wise.

I hate Jones, but keep dreaming. It is going to be a one sided affair 50-45 for Jones.

Cain isnt the same Cain as he was when he prepared for JBJ the first time. Training partners who arent similar to JBJ wont do shit here. He needs to train with a similar build and the closest that gym has to JBJ is Rockhold.

DC can certainly win, especially now with Jones but I don't think he can. JBJ by 5 round decision.
Pure speculation on Cain. And I agree, that bod type in training partners is important but it's not the end all be all. DC has guys in his camp that are similar in reach and size. You even named one. But for wrestling scrambles, having Cain is definitely going to help. Cain was hurt and not even in the gym last time Jones fought DC.

I think the rematch is going to be a UD for Jones and it will be less competitive. DC is coming off two fights against Rumble and Gus. He's 37 and coming off an injury. Jon Jones is 28, confident going in after the first win, in the best shape of his life, and motivated. I don't see how DC performs better in this type of fight.

no freaking way.

Jones is on the uphill, DC is on the downhill, and Jones beat him already when they were closer to each other form and prime-wise.

I hate Jones, but keep dreaming. It is going to be a one sided affair 50-45 for Jones.
Jones is on the uphill eh? Care to elaborate on that?

And don't stop there. I wanna hear how DC is declining. Who has Jones destroyed lately that suggests he's on the "uphill"? The only "up" he's on is what he puts in his nose.

And don't stop there. I wanna hear how DC is declining. Who has Jones destroyed lately that suggests he's on the "uphill"? The only "up" he's on is what he puts in his nose.

I suspect you are not yet familiar how ageing process works.

Dont worry, you will pass 30 oneday and see for yourself.

In a nutshell, there is a hell of a difference going from 26 to 28 years of age than going from 36 to 38.

But thats why you made the thread to ruffle some feathers, aint it? Dont lie Whitebelt.
When are you gonna learn that belt colors on a forum board have fuck all to do with MMA knowledge, little boy?

I've likely forgotten more about MMA than you will ever know.

Well Jones is still physically improving. And DC has been rocked more in his last 2 fights then ever before in his entire career.

I suspect you are not yet familiar how ageing process works.

Dont worry, you will pass 30 oneday and see for yourself.

In a nutshell, there is a hell of a difference going from 26 to 28 years of age than going from 36 to 38.
I'm 33, retard. I assume you know fuck all about how many fighters have competed at the highest level in their 40's in this sport. This isn't the fucking NFL, lol. Show me a fight where DC looked his age..... I'll wait.

1.) Cain Velasquez is healthy and fighting the same night. Unlike last time, DC actually has Cain healthy to help him prepare. You can expect DC's wrestling and endurance to be a lot better for this fight. He didn't have this luxury in the last Jones fight. I'm not saying DC will run a wrestling clinic on Jones, but this will definitely help him when against the fence and for potential scrambles. And he will very likely have much better endurance this time.

I like your analysis TS.
I like them both, so I will be happy at the end of the fight, but I do think this time DC will show a better game against Jones.

Well Jones is still physically improving. And DC has been rocked more in his last 2 fights then ever before in his entire career.

Yes, but, while DC was fighting, Jones was solving personal issues.
The fight against OSP was good, but wasn't mind blowing.

I think both are in a pretty good place and this is why this time the fight will be more competitive.

Same wishful thinking bullshit.

Jones proved that he was better at everything dc is good at. That hasn't changed now that dc is closing in on 40.

Plus, jones doesn't have recreational drugs bogging him down. Third round stoppage for jones.

I'm 33, retard. I assume you know fuck all about how many fighters have competed at the highest level in their 40's in this sport. This isn't the fucking NFL, lol. Show me a fight where DC looked his age..... I'll wait.

Way to go with calling ppl names for having their own opinion. Classless, keyboard warrior, go to hell.

Back