Who would you pick: Stipe Miocic vs. Jon Jones

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about the matchup. What do you guys think?

Stipe I think would really hurt him on the feet. Jones has trouble with guys his size, and Stipe is bigger.

Stipe. He's like Gus 2.0 in every way. More skilled, more agile, faster, bigger, hits harder and a D1 grappler.

Frankly, I think he beat up Jon jones like a son.

Stipe would take him apart with the hands methinks.

Stipe in a heartbeat. Jones doesn't look very good against guys the same height as him. Stipe would kill him. Jones can keep beating LHWs.

Until I see someone beat Jones, I'm not betting against him..

Stipe would destroy Jones. I would comfortably bet on that.

jon-jones-lands-left-roundhouse-kick-on-gustafsson.gif

jon-jones-lands-elbow-on-gustafsson-gif.gif

I think if we are to believe jones fought this fight on no training camp doing Coke all night then he can certainly capitalize against a bigger opponent.

Jones had success in this fight . He's got the talent and camp to go back and see what he needs to tighten up to get hit less and formulate a game plan against a bigger guy.

It would be an awesome fight maybe with a finish. I favor stipe if jones doesn't make adjustments, but I think with Jackson wink he would make them and stick to the game plan.

jon-jones-lands-left-roundhouse-kick-on-gustafsson.gif

jon-jones-lands-elbow-on-gustafsson-gif.gif

I think if we are to believe jones fought this fight on no training camp doing Coke all night then he can certainly capitalize against a bigger opponent.

Jones had success in this fight . He's got the talent and camp to go back and see what he needs to tighten up to get hit less and formulate a game plan against a bigger guy.

It would be an awesome fight maybe with a finish. I favor stipe if jones doesn't make adjustments, but I think with Jackson wink he would make them and stick to the game plan.
Jones is a dangerous fight, but everything that Gus is at LHW, stipe is at heavyweight and then some in terms of technique as well. And we're talking about a fit, in shape, lean heavyweight at 245. His power would be too much on top of his skill and speed. The way he's looked lately, even if you're tentative, you can't stay on the outside and try to strike with him for long without accumulating big damage and you can't close the distance without something big landing AND you can't dominate him grappling even if you can get in on him which is tough wth his footwork

Jones is a dangerous fight, but everything that Gus is at LHW, stipe is at heavyweight and then some in terms of technique as well. And we're talking about a fit, in shape, lean heavyweight at 245. His power would be too much on top of his skill and speed. The way he's looked lately, even if you're tentative, you can't stay on the outside and try to strike with him for long without accumulating big damage and you can't close the distance without something big landing AND you can't dominate him grappling even if you can get in on him which is tough wth his footwork
I would need a lot of time to actually decide on a bet. If the odds were in favor of stipe hard to pass Jon jones with paying odds in any fight.

I think it's a very hard fight for Jon and he knows it or he would've been at HW a while ago. He cuts weight for a reason.

However I do think he did more damage to Gus than people give him credit for. Gus is just super tough and dished a lot back.

I know for certain only that I want to see the fight happen!

I'd go Jones but i wouldn't be confident in that.

I would need a lot of time to actually decide on a bet. If the odds were in favor of stipe hard to pass Jon jones with paying odds in any fight.

I think it's a very hard fight for Jon and he knows it or he would've been at HW a while ago. He cuts weight for a reason.

However I do think he did more damage to Gus than people give him credit for. Gus is just super tough and dished a lot back.

I know for certain only that I want to see the fight happen!
Jones definitely proved a lot to me in the Gus fight. I was drunk and as such I didn't score it round by round but I loved watching it. True beast

Jones easily. I think Stipe is one of the easier fights for Jones at HW.

Jones UD and maybe submission

The fight would end as soon as Stipe fist, yes one fist lands on his Jones chin.

Back