Mark Coleman talking about the Pete Williams Head Kick

It's sad to see how his body broke down. The guy was a beast.

That one and the kick Shad delivered to Salmon, were brutal..Probably my favorite ones, other than CC's HL..

Thread needs gif...

tumblr_mz0g64gfJi1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

I'm surprised Mark remembers it to be honest..

Cool story. I believe him when he says he was exhausted before the fight began but think he would've lost regardless.

Mark Coleman has had such a weird career. He's got a bunch of amazing accomplishments including an NCAA title, olympic silver medal, UFC HW championship and Pride Grand Prix, and yet he's far better remembered for things like that head kick or raging after the freak win over Shogun or talking to Fedor with his face hanging off.

Even in The Smashing Machine he was this dark horse thought to be almost comic relief.

Mark Coleman has had such a weird career. He's got a bunch of amazing accomplishments including an NCAA title, olympic silver medal, UFC HW championship and Pride Grand Prix, and yet he's far better remembered for things like that head kick or raging after the freak win over Shogun or talking to Fedor with his face hanging off.

Even in The Smashing Machine he was this dark horse thought to be almost comic relief.
He didn't medal at olympics.

He didn't medal at olympics.
you're right. I don't know here I got that from. Did he get a second place in a WC or something? Too lazy to google.

Hahahaha always been one of my faves over the years....
I can't help but laugh idk why... Is it how telegraphed it was? Coleman leaning into it? or his Goofy face when he's in la-la land? I can't be sure... Anyways gotta give respect when respect is due!!
War Mark The Hammer Coleman!!! MMA Pioneer the father of ground and pound!! and yeah wow I never heard about the hour warm up story and never realized he thought it was a leg kick and he was going to catch it... so that's when we BENT INTO IT.... brutal.

Last edited:
Back