GSP HOPING FOR MMA MATH OVER ANDERSON

kingkokong

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Or at least his delusional fans will believe that, if he manages to beat Bisping.

Agree?

Ducked A. Silva for years.

Stayed quite when Wideman and Rockhold held the belt.

Finally comes out of hiding when long time gate- keeper Bisping, is finally crowned.

Hopes to ride off into the sunset as p4p greater than A. Silva without having to actually fight him.

He ducked him just as much as anderson ducked jon jones and as much as jon jones ducked every hw in the ufc. Weight classes are there for a reason son!

Disagree

GSP hoping for and prolly getting, a truck full of well earned money

yea, it's all pretty obvious. GSP is so calculated and safe. I hope it backfires and he gets Rockhold'd.

Who's Wideman?

He already has math on his side:

GSP > Karo Parisyan > Ryo Chonan > Anderson Silva

Disagree

GSP hoping for and prolly getting, a truck full of well earned money
Agreed. If GSP makes a comeback, he probably doesn't want to fight a lot of fights. He wants one or perhaps a few big money fights. Moving up to fight for the MW belt would be something that would sell particularly given Bisping being British and talking a lot of trash. He was also willing to fight Nate Diaz or Conor McGregor who are smaller fighters at 170 or perhaps a catchweight. GSP is not a large WW. He is only 5-10 and walked around at 185 to 190 back when he was active. That is not the body of a MW fighter, so I don't see him spending any real time at MW. If here were to beat Bisping and win the belt, I think he walks away from the division. This is a guy who was having concussion syndrome problems just a few years ago.

I always thought that if he fought Anderson Silva it would be at a catch weight (178) so that the harder weight cut would lessen the huge size, height and reach advantages that Silva enjoyed. I think GSP had a shot of beating AS when both were in their prime due to the ability to mix up the striking and the TD which Sonnen did against AS very well. There was a blueprint for success but if AS was able to get going with the reach I think it would have been all over. GSP would have to maintain a great deal of Octagon control and fortunately for him AS often took rounds easy, so GSP could perhaps pick up a round or two simply by AS being less active.

Using the word "ducked" should be dubs, IMO. When you're talking about one of if not the greatest fighter to ever grace the sport, it should be castration.

Agreed. If GSP makes a comeback, he probably doesn't want to fight a lot of fights. He wants one or perhaps a few big money fights. Moving up to fight for the MW belt would be something that would sell particularly given Bisping being British and talking a lot of trash. He was also willing to fight Nate Diaz or Conor McGregor who are smaller fighters at 170 or perhaps a catchweight. GSP is not a large WW. He is only 5-10 and walked around at 185 to 190 back when he was active. That is not the body of a MW fighter, so I don't see him spending any real time at MW. If here were to beat Bisping and win the belt, I think he walks away from the division. This is a guy who was having concussion syndrome problems just a few years ago.

I always thought that if he fought Anderson Silva it would be at a catch weight (178) so that the harder weight cut would lessen the huge size, height and reach advantages that Silva enjoyed. I think GSP had a shot of beating AS when both were in their prime due to the ability to mix up the striking and the TD which Sonnen did against AS very well. There was a blueprint for success but if AS was able to get going with the reach I think it would have been all over. GSP would have to maintain a great deal of Octagon control and fortunately for him AS often took rounds easy, so GSP could perhaps pick up a round or two simply by AS being less active.

Good analysis Robbie

Agree with TS. He clearly ducked Silva, and its pretty freaking sad that now he wants to fight at MW, and against one of the weakest MW champs in UFC history.

It doesn't hurt that Bisping doesn't have as much power as the other MW fighters, so GSP's paper chin won't be exposed like usual.

Nick Diaz landed a potty pat 1-2, and GSP looked like he got hit by Rumble Johnson for gods sake lmao. GSP has p4p the weakest chin out of all the top fighters of all time.

He ducked him just as much as anderson ducked jon jones and as much as jon jones ducked every hw in the ufc. Weight classes are there for a reason son!

Bullsheeet. Anderson never ducked Jones. Jones never pushed for the fight and said he didn't want it.

Anderson, Dana, the UFC, all mma media, and all of MMA fans were pushing for Anderson/GSP for years. And GSP refused for years. No comparison.

Agree with TS. He clearly ducked Silva, and its pretty freaking sad that now he wants to fight at MW, and against one of the weakest MW champs in UFC history.

It doesn't hurt that Bisping doesn't have as much power as the other MW fighters, so GSP's paper chin won't be exposed like usual.

Nick Diaz landed a potty pat 1-2, and GSP looked like he got hit by Rumble Johnson for gods sake lmao. GSP has p4p the weakest chin out of all the top fighters of all time.

Weakest chin while never being KO'ed and was TKO'ed once?

You are all kinds of stupid.

I agree for the most part. What I find interesting is that A. Silva fought at 170 for a good part of his early career. He would have a length and reach advantage but would he really be much bigger?

I don't want to be there if Bisping pulls off a win and has a victory against Silva and GSP under his belt

I'm pretty sure a vortex would open in the center of the octagon and suck the whole fucking planet in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back