Reebok....

Cclick

The Living Death
@purple
Reaction score
where is all this money going to fighter pay coming from? After design, production, marketing, etc of the bullshit clothes (no one is buying) I'd bet they're not recouping even 10% return on investment.

Think they'll pull out or are they fucked?

They're swimming in cash thanks to the Giblert kits flying off the shelves

They're swimming in cash thanks to the Giblert kits flying off the shelves
I'm not even kidding; I would buy and rock the gimmick ones on fight day

My custom Artem fight kit was worth every penny

To be good sports, they should open purchase of Giblert or Aldo Anderson shirts just 1 day. I think they'd sell.

they look so bad and its definitely not worth the 70 or whatever it is

This is just advertising and trust me they don't care if they sell any fight kits. The UFC got the big bucks from them for top advertising space on their products(fighters), then UFC just divvy out a portion and give it to fighters.

Reebok already wins when 1mill+ people are seeing their name draped over everything, shit gets in your subconscious after a while and you'll be buying Reebok stuff too before long. And that's just for ppv but UFC is also on fox, so, Reebok gets prime advertising on BIG FOX quite a few times a year too.

This is just advertising and trust me they don't care if they sell any fight kits. The UFC got the big bucks from them for top advertising space on their products(fighters), then UFC just divvy out a portion and give it to fighters.

Reebok already wins when 1mill+ people are seeing their name draped over everything, shit gets in your subconscious after a while and you'll be buying Reebok stuff too before long. And that's just for ppv but UFC is also on fox, so, Reebok gets prime advertising on BIG FOX quite a few times a year too.

Lol, I don't agree.
Everyone I know hates it and avoids it on purpose. When a person new to the sport starts asking about the kits, someone always tells them the full story and changes their minds.

There is also a stigma, that anyone that wears these things are clowns that know nothing about the sport.

So maybe a handful of sales slip through, but not enough to pay for this deal.

Anyone who wears Reebok UFC gear, Tapout or Affliction looks like a fake douchebag anyway.

Sorry large part of Sherdog.

someone should make a poll to see how many sherdoggers actually bought a reebok fight kit.

but make sure to allow us to see who voted yes, so we can laugh at them.

Reebok fight kits suck some serious balls. It is especially weid, because Reebok crossfitgear is top notch and does not have such awful looks. They should have painted UFC over some crossfit pants and be done with it.

Lol, I don't agree.
Everyone I know hates it and avoids it on purpose. When a person new to the sport starts asking about the kits, someone always tells them the full story and changes their minds.

There is also a stigma, that anyone that wears these things are clowns that know nothing about the sport.

I'm sure Reebok would reconsider their decision if you told them you and your 2 buddies would never buy Reebok. Companies don't sponsor a sport exclusively to sell kits. It's brand awareness. Probably wouldn't hurt Reebok if they didn't sell a single kit. Also, they shut down Irelend when they launched the Conor McGregor socks.

where is all this money going to fighter pay coming from? After design, production, marketing, etc of the bullshit clothes (no one is buying) I'd bet they're not recouping even 10% return on investment.

Think they'll pull out or are they fucked?

It's not like their only source of revenue is UFC fight kits.

It's branding, they pay for you to see it.

Their invested in many sports and plenty of ppl buy their other merch.

I like the uniform, it makes it more professional.

And I don't miss some of the stupider designed shorts. Like "Bad Boy" w the eyes on the fighters ass, that's really something I can do without...

what is that supposed to mean, look at my ass while I fight?
bb_shogun_ufc_128_white_3.jpg

bad-boy-shogun-ufc-113-vale-tudo-shorts.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure Reebok would reconsider their decision if you told them you and your 2 buddies would never buy Reebok. Companies don't sponsor a sport exclusively to sell kits. It's brand awareness. Probably wouldn't hurt Reebok if they didn't sell a single kit. Also, they shut down Irelend when they launched the Conor McGregor socks.

Me and my 2 buddies?

I work in the sport man.
I'm a ref, judge and event commissioner.

I've also been a coach and have several champs in MMA and Kickboxing.

I hate pulling this card out on people, but when people try to be insulting towards my statements by minimalizing my importance, I think they need to know that they just might be talking to someone that has exposure, does actually know and has a viable point of view.

In other words,...
Stop projecting your own situation onto everyone else.

Lol, I don't agree.

That's what I'm saying, they don't care about selling fight kits. Do you really think the Giblert and other mistakes would have happened If they cared to make big money? Reebok only wants the name to be seen. They sell other types of apparel and shoes too.

UFC knows these reebok kits sucks, but they got huge payday. I'm hoping they increase pay for fighters
from 2,5 to at least 5k (0-5 fight) and so on in the future

That's what I'm saying, they don't care about selling fight kits. Do you really think the Giblert and other mistakes would have happened If they cared to make big money? Reebok only wants the name to be seen. They sell other types of apparel and shoes too.

Well, either you're right, they are insane or they need a tax write-off to shift funds for other reasons.

That's pretty much the only viable reasons.

Back