Lawler/Woodley is ridiculously uninteresting

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
All anyone wants to talk about is Thompson vs Lawler, Tyron's a great fighter but holy fuck is he boring. His Koscheck, DHK, and Hieron finishes prove that he can be exciting when he needs to be...but this guy is nothing more than a blanket.

Hoping Lawler gets the W in quick fashion so we can see him fight Thompson this year. Perhaps in the MSG card

I'm interested. I mean, I get your point, but... Robbie Lawler.

giphy.gif

According to Woodley that line of thought is racist though

Woodley is a great fighter, there's no doubting that. But he's possibly one of the most uninteresting number one contenders in the history of the WW division.

Says a guy is just a blanket then lists multiple brutal finishes, makes no sense

I expect it to be very tentative with a few beast moments from Lawler sprinkled in here and there.

Yeeaah, not sure what the point of this match up was other than the fact that at one point Woodley may has deserved it. But then chose to sit out a long time, and refused a fight against Lombard on account of it was bad for his "Brand". And even then, he wasn't like miles ahead of the rest of the pack.

Still remember Tyron's celebration After condit messed up his knee on the leg that wasn't even used for kicking. Lol. And he had the gall to say something along the lines of: well he kicked me in the process so yeah I deserved the win.

Fuck out of here.

I find it to be very interesting like most fights. Quit being a fair weather contrarian.

I think Robbie uses the same pressure Rory did and finishes the fight. But Tyron has some huge punching power and can knock out anybody. Don't be surprised if the upsets continue....

Honestly the only Woodley fight I enjoyed was his fight against Marquardt. It's not just because of the very awesome brutal finish. But it actually was a pretty good back and forth fight.

But yeah, I can see this fight being lackluster on his part. His wrestling is probably close to being on par with Hendricks, but I don't think he's hands are a good as Hendricks. And I'm not trying to claim Hendricks is some striking wizard, but he's shown to have some pretty good combinations in the pocket. I think that's what you need against Lawler. You got to throw and you got to throw often. Woodley seems to only throw some one hitter quitters and then go blank if those don't land.

Worst possible timing.

It's quite possible we may not see Wonderboy fight for the title until next year. That's really frustrating.

Once a blanket, always a blanket.

People love Khabib

Why they hate Woodley?

He's undefeated, he's beaten the current champ, and he's a funny smack talker.

If Woodley had a more fan friendly personality (he may be nice, but he's uninteresting), didn't hold out for over a year after beating Kelvin Gastelum and expected a title shot for it, and didn't put everyone to sleep in general, people would be more on board with this, although still annoyed that he's getting the shot because there are 6 people who deserve it more than he.

Back