Tony Ferguson

wolfgangkrauser

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I know some people don't like Tony based on his personality and the things he says, but there is no denying the limitless skill this guy has. I've been watching him since he was on the ultimate fighter and I always thought one day he would challenge for a title. That day has almost come.

-great head movement
-good elbows
-good inside leg kicks
-good front kicks to the body
-crazy jiu jitsu
-great takedown defense
-great cardio
-most importantly, great chin

I've never seen Ferguson even slightly rocked before. Who else thinks he is champion caliber?
Feel free to post some gifs.

Last edited:
Definitely a top LW but he gives off this fake vipe. And then there's that whole Where's you kid at stuff from TUF. Still has a very entertaining style tho.

He's ready good but you've never seen him rocked before? Go watch the Trujillo fight.

I've always been bullish on him.... Some of my amigos feel he's overrated.

I was really looking forward to the khabib fight.

My knock on him is he might rely on his chin too much and outthink himself with his flashy moves and give away a fight against the likes of an rda.

I certainly wouldn't discount Chiesa but ferg should be next in line

fergusondeadlift.gif

He's championship material without a doubt. The one big improvement is his fight IQ. The Castillo fight showed that it was horrid at that time, going for rediculous submissions attempts at the worst time, keeping his back on the mat, etc. He's seemingly tuned that up.

Ferguson/Chiesa is going to be a FOTY nominee.

Meh, he's a solid fighter but not championship calibur imo.

He won a questionable a split decision after Castillo had his way with him on the ground, late notice Tibau, and illegally upkicking Barboza for a win don't really cut it from me.

Not to mention talked loads of smack about Khabibs durability and looked like a fool when Khabib showed up and El Cucuy sat home being a fanboy with an "injury".

RDA, Khabib, and Cerrone would #REKT him.

He's awesome. He would make a great champion. A polar opposite of a point fighter.

Where's your kid, TS?

Tony would smash anyone at 155 right now, btw.

Meh, he's a solid fighter but not championship calibur imo.

He won a questionable a split decision after Castillo had his way with him on the ground, late notice Tibau, and illegally upkicking Barboza for a win don't really cut it from me.

Not to mention talked loads of smack about Khabibs durability and looked like a fool when Khabib showed up and El Cucuy sat home being a fanboy with an "injury".

RDA, Khabib, and Cerrone would #REKT him.
Cmon dude, a lung injury is serious. Anyone who talks down on him for that is ridiculous, it was out of his control. You know he would have showed up ready to go if it weren;t for that.

Cmon dude, a lung injury is serious. Anyone who talks down on him for that is ridiculous, it was out of his control. You know he would have showed up ready to go if it weren;t for that.

It's Sherdog. We want blood.

His fight with Barboza is crazy good. I don't know why many don't talk about it. He didn't give a shit about what Barboza had and just kept with his pressure until he was done.

my favorite fighter now. I love wathcing him fight. As has been said, he is the exact opposite of a point fighter. He will try anything to finsh a fight. He was fucking pullin gaurd from a standing position vs castillo despite being taken down numerous times and spending most of the fight on his back becasue he thought he saw an opportunity for a submission, lol. Stupid?... Absolutely. But what fans should want in a fighter?... 100%

The jury is still out on Ferguson. Really good fighter but I think MJ can beat him again plus Alvarez, RDA, Khabib, Nate, Cowboy.

So jury is probably leaning towards no on championship material.

You are exaggerating.

His TDD is average, his striking defense against guys with speed advantage over him is weak, his sub game is unorthodox but gives up position alot and looks more to strike than to get moving on the ground, and having a great chin doesnt mean rely on it. When his chin goes so will alot of his style, just like Hendo, just like Liddell,etc

I know some people don't like Tony based on his personality and the things he says, but there is no denying the limitless skill this guy has. I've been watching him since he was on the ultimate fighter and I always thought one day he would challenge for a title. That day has almost come.

-great head movement
-good elbows
-good inside leg kicks
-good front kicks to the body
-crazy jiu jitsu
-great takedown defense
-great cardio
-most importantly, great chin

I've never seen Ferguson even slightly rocked before. Who else thinks he is champion caliber?
Feel free to post some gifs.

He's pretty good. Not sure what you mean by "limitless skill" though...

"Great head movement and limitless skill" are massive stretches. Hes not very good defensively but offensively hes a dynamo and tough for anyone in the division to deal with how well rounded and how great his chin must be giving the Barboza fight.

Ive never seen anyone beat down Josh Thomson the way he did from pillar to post (and Josh has been in there with guys like Gilbert, Benson, Clay, JZ, Healy, Bang, Nate, Noons, Edwards, Franca, Kawajiri etc, some of the best LWs ever there), that fight i scored 30-25 live but havent rewatched it. I remember round 2 easily being 10-8, think round 3 was too. Josh had no idea what to do when he kept barrell rollin out of his TD attempts and he got fucked up badly by those elbows. Hes one of the most well rounded/unorthodox fighters offensively in MMA and hes one of the most exciting fighters in the sport.

Guys a beast. Hes comfortably a top 5 LW in the world IMO along with RDA, Khabib, Brooks and either Chandler or Cerrone.

Last edited:
Back