Conor McGregor regrets shooting for takedown on Nate Diaz. Says he'll toy with Diaz in rematch.

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
I always look back and wonder what would have happened if I just weathered the storm. He was one or two shots from being done I feel. When that left hand hit he got this burst of energy. You could see it in his corner, they went insane. It was like they won the lotto. I took a couple of shots, then I shot and ended up in that submission. It was downhill from there. I wonder what would have happened if I had just kept my hands up, kept circling, took the smacks and survived.

He also says the reason he doesn't train specifically for certain fighters is because "they always pull out, every time." He's also pretty adamant that he was toying with Diaz for the first 8 minutes.

The youtube uploader has some of the interview split up into sections if you want to see it, and also this article covers a lot of the interview as well:

http://www.balls.ie/mma/looking-bac...and-it-came-back-and-bit-me-in-the-ass/337874

You know that. I know that. Everyone knows that. Just have to accept.

lol this derp apparently hasn't learned a thing from the last fight

And he would've been ktfo had he kept standing

Is that why he missed a majority of his shots in the first.

It's like he forgot how bad he looked in the second and how desperate he looked when that left scrambled his brains.

I really didn't give a shit about most of what he said from the interview, but it is pretty funny that he's almost suggesting he would've outlasted Diaz if he didn't shoot for the takedown or something. As soon as he got tired and cracked by that infamous 1-2 he was pretty much fucked.

He also wasn't "toying" with Diaz in the first 8 minutes. He was winning, but he won a typical 10-9 round. And started off well in the 2nd round. But he missed a shitload of his strikes. Even objective Conor fans that rewatch the fight have admitted this.

Never expected to see Conor McGregor acknowledging a mistake like this, especially after saying some delusional shit about his first fight with Nate. Good for him.

But well, there's this, of course:

I really didn't give a shit about most of what he said from the interview, but it is pretty funny that he's almost suggesting he would've outlasted Diaz if he didn't shoot for the takedown or something. As soon as he got tired and cracked by that infamous 1-2 he was pretty much fucked.

He also wasn't "toying" with Diaz in the first 8 minutes. He was winning, but he won a typical 10-9 round. And started off well in the 2nd round. But he missed a shitload of his strikes. Even objective Conor fans that rewatch the fight have admitted this.

Even when he admits something wrong, he makes it sound like the only problem was the takedown attempt. LOL. He would never have gone for the panic wrestling move if it wasn't for that 1-2.

Yawn... if he would have "taken his smacks" he would have got (T)KO'd

Conor shot for the takedown because he was getting pieced the fuck up on the feet, he won't toy with shit haha

If he didn't shoot for the takedown he would've been KOed and mentally ruined.

Lol like he had a choice.

It was his reflexes.

Turned into a panic wrestler.

Clearly, if he had stayed on his feet he was going to get KTFO. That is WHY he panic wrestled.

lol this derp apparently hasn't learned a thing from the last fight

And he would've been ktfo had he kept standing

Thats alright, he will be forced to learn something after he loses again and finally is all out of excuses

Only difference it would have made if he didn't shoot for the takedown is that he would have lost by (T)KO rather than Sub.

"I shouldn't have shot in for a takedown"

you-dont-say.jpg

Back