The craziest thing about Bisping being the champ...

Pitier of Fools

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
....is when you think about the fighters who now have the potential to be champion. Bisping is the easiest title fight anyone's had in probably the last ten years--maybe longer. Here are a few of the fighters who would be the MW champ if the UFC decided to give them a shot.

Tim Kennedy
Chael Sonnen
Wanderlei Silva
Dan Henderson
Demian Maia
Palhares
Chris Weidman
Nick Diaz
Lyoto Machida
Yoel Romero
Vitor Belfort
Gegard Mousasi
Jacare
Derek Brunson

Just think, any of those guys could be easily wearing the belt unless a monumental upset were to occur. Bisping better soak it all in while he can.

You're massively underestimating Bisping.

Or overrating some names in the list.

Or both.

....is when you think about the fighters who now have the potential to be champion. Bisping is the easiest title fight anyone's had in probably the last ten years--maybe longer. Here are a few of the fighters who would be the MW champ if the UFC decided to give them a shot.

Tim Kennedy
Chael Sonnen
Wanderlei Silva
Dan Henderson
Demian Maia
Palhares
Chris Weidman
Nick Diaz
Lyoto Machida
Yoel Romero
Vitor Belfort
Gegard Mousasi
Jacare
Derek Brunson

Just think, any of those guys could be easily wearing the belt unless a monumental upset were to occur. Bisping better soak it all in while he can.
I see at least 7 guys he would be favored against ans 2 that are not, and won't ever be, in the ufc again.

Shogun should drop to MW and take the strap with hilarious ease

Well sure, all of them can beat Bisping. I think Bisping would be the favorite against some of those listed.

Bisping is a top 5 fighter at Middleweight. Saying a lot of people below him would beat him fairly easy is disrespectful. Would he likely lose to Rockhold, Weidman, or Jacare? Sure. But he can definitely compete with everyone at that weight class and beat a huge percentage of them.

Going to be pretty tough for Palhares to become UFC champ.

I like Bisping but honestly if he mans up and defends his title against Jacare...his title run is done.

Paul Harris is a joke. Will never fight in the UFC and just got beat by Meeks???

Other than that I agree with your list.
You could add hall

absolutely nothing is crazier than bisping being champ - walking on water included

Tim Kennedy - Tough fight, already beat Bisping, but hasn't fought in a while. I'd favour Mike in a rematch.
Chael Sonnen - Tough fight, already beat Bisping, but hasn't fought in a while. I'd favour Mike in a rematch.
Wanderlei Silva - Bisping can definitely beat a retired Wanderlei.
Dan Henderson - Bisping can definitely beat a semi-retired Hendo.
Demian Maia - We've seen Maia at 185. He's awesome, but I'd pick Bisping.
Palhares - Really?
Chris Weidman - Yeah, fair point.
Nick Diaz - Bisping.
Lyoto Machida - Bisping.
Yoel Romero - Fair point.
Vitor Belfort - TRT Vitor doesn't exist anymore. I pick Bisping.
Gegard Mousasi - Bisping.
Jacare - Fair point.
Derek Brunson - Bisping.

Don't get me wrong, I love Shogun, but he wouldn't even make 185 "with ease", let alone beat Bisping this way.

If anyone remembers the post fight Chael interview he openly says he thought Bisping would get the win.

He also said he was never hit so hard before.

Tim Kennedy - Tough fight, already beat Bisping, but hasn't fought in a while. I'd favour Mike in a rematch.
Chael Sonnen - Tough fight, already beat Bisping, but hasn't fought in a while. I'd favour Mike in a rematch.
Wanderlei Silva - Bisping can definitely beat a retired Wanderlei.
Dan Henderson - Bisping can definitely beat a semi-retired Hendo.
Demian Maia - We've seen Maia at 185. He's awesome, but I'd pick Bisping.
Palhares - Really?
Chris Weidman - Yeah, fair point.
Nick Diaz - Bisping.
Lyoto Machida - Bisping.
Yoel Romero - Fair point.
Vitor Belfort - TRT Vitor doesn't exist anymore. I pick Bisping.
Gegard Mousasi - Bisping.
Jacare - Fair point.
Derek Brunson - Bisping.

What are you??? Bispings son???

Shogun is my favorite fighter but there's no way he can make it to MW with his Chuck Liddell dad body now

Paul Harris is a joke. Will never fight in the UFC and just got beat by Meeks???

Other than that I agree with your list.
You could add hall
I almost put Hall on the list, but he's too inconsistent. So I'd say a fight between him and Bisping would be a toss up.

Back