I still think RDA KO'ing Bendo was one of the least expected results

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Fight doesn't get mentioned much in regards to RDA's best win, the talk is mostly around his dominance against Pettis, his destruction 2x over Cowboy, and an old loss to Khabib.

Never hear much about people talking about him putting Bendo is dream land, that is when I knew he was going to be champ. When that KO happened, I honestly thought it was due to Bendo being on the downside of his career and being close to fizzeled out and at best being a gatekeeper...but than RDA continued with his great performances and Bendo had a string of impressive wins.

Still IMO one of the least expected results, I was expected a tough Dec win for Bendo that night

RDA and Bendo are both cool but it wasn't a KO.

Bad stoppage, IIRC.

It surprised me when it happened. That was brutal.

Flash KO, shocked me as well.

It surprised me when it happened. That was brutal.

Do you have a gif?

I may be thinking of a different RDA fight.

Didn't Bendo just drop for a second and get back up but the ref stopped it?

Yeah I thought Benson would definitely outwork him. He had won two straight and was #2 or 3 in the division.

Do you have a gif?

I may be thinking of a different RDA fight.

Didn't Bendo just drop for a second and get back up but the ref stopped it?

giphy.gif

RDA-drops-Bendo.gif

RDA was the big underdog in that fight, I was rooting for him but I didn't actually expect him to win. I thought Bendo was going to win in Bendo fashion and then POW
the-rock-clapping.gif

I didn't really know who rda was at the time tbh. But finishing bendo is impressive man. Then after the first round in the pettis fight.....was like goddamn, where the fuck did this guy come from?

that is when I knew he was going to be champ. When that KO happened, I honestly thought it was due to Bendo being on the downside of his career and being close to fizzeled out and at best being a gatekeeper...but than RDA continued with his great performances and Bendo had a string of impressive wins.
Err, what?

You thought Bendo lost because he was on the downside...but that's when you "knew" RDA would be champ? Because he beat, in your eyes, an old Bendo? That makes no sense mate!

Most people wrote that win off as a fluke (Bendo just getting "caught"), so I'm not criticizing you for not giving RDA proper credit. But your stance on the win seems rather Jekyll and Hyde.

RDA-drops-Bendo.gif

Edit:@Arm Barbarian you already got it covered it seems.

That's the fight.

I agree with the other dude. I saw a flash.

The gif looks nasty but that's in about 1 seconds worth of action.

Bendo recovered but the ref jumped in too fast.

RDA was the big underdog in that fight, I was rooting for him but I didn't actually expect him to win. I thought Bendo was going to win in Bendo fashion and then POW
the-rock-clapping.gif

I was doing a school project and had it in my mind that like you said Bendo via Controversial Split Decision.

Woke up the next morning and saw RDA via KO. I was like

9GA9g.gif

I like Bendo but that dude is so boring to watch.

That's the fight.

I agree with the other dude. I saw a flash.

The gif looks nasty but that's in about 1 seconds worth of action.

Bendo recovered but the ref jumped in too fast.

It was a flash. Bendo was definitely out but he came back to really fast as well.

His complete dominance over Petits was much more impressive to me. His pace was ridiculous.

Back