How about Bisping vs Hendo main and Shogun vs Manuwa co-main at UFC 204 England?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What you guys think? These 4 coud headline UFC in Manchester it seems.

If they are going to make the Hendo vs Bisping fight happen I guess that would be the place to do it. Having Shogun vs Manuwa sounds like a good co-main event for a UK card. I like it.

It sounds good I like the fights... but Hendo really shouldn't be fighting for the title. It hurts the legitimacy of the sport IMO.

I'd love to see the rematch.. but it makes more sense to do Bisping vs Jacare or Romero.. I think it's likely Bisping will lose, then he can face Hendo.

If they are going to make the Hendo vs Bisping fight happen I guess that would be the place to do it. Having Shogun vs Manuwa sounds like a good co-main event for a UK card. I like it.
JBG would be pleased, lol

It sounds good I like the fights... but Hendo really shouldn't be fighting for the title. It hurts the legitimacy of the sport IMO.

I'd love to see the rematch.. but it makes more sense to do Bisping vs Jacare or Romero.. I think it's likely Bisping will lose, then he can face Hendo.
If all that's at stake is the legitimacy of this sport, we've got little to lose. Bring on the crowd pleasers!

I would like to see both of those fights, though I prefer Bisping fight Jacare or Yoel.

If all that's at stake is the legitimacy of this sport, we've got little to lose. Bring on the crowd pleasers!

People fight decades for a shot at the belt. Don't be selfish.

It's not all about drama and story lines. The belt should actually mean something.

What you guys think? These 4 coud headline UFC in Manchester it seems.

Cant see it being Manchester.

Manchester Arena pretty booked up. Disney on Ice there for nearly 2 weeks, then the Four Tops and Justin Beiber (not together)

although interestingly theyve got nothing listed yet for the first weekend, 8th October...

So I guess its possible. Depends how much setup time the ice rink needs.. Will they be able to pull down the octagon and seating on Sunday and have an ice rink in place for rehearsals on Mon/Tue... very very doubtful.. its not like the US where they have ice rinks hidden under the basketball courts

This thread screams out zuffa inside job fishing for feedback. A fan suggesting manuwa in the co main event?

Colour me skeptical

People fight decades for a shot at the belt. Don't be selfish.

It's not all about drama and story lines. The belt should actually mean something.
The belt is just a carrot they dangle in front of fighters. Let Jacare or whoever fight for an interim belt, there's room for an interim champ in every division.

Yeah @CereserBr good idea

Shogun would die. Manuwa has deadly power and decent enough chin. AJ has freak power and would probably KO 99% of the the LWs.

This thread screams out zuffa inside job fishing for feedback. A fan suggesting manuwa in the co main event?

Colour me skeptical
Lol, i have no Zuffa conections, was just thinking that these would be great match ups... i dont see a problem with manuwa at co main spot... he headlinend a ufc already with gus!

Shogun would die. Manuwa has deadly power and decent enough chin. AJ has freak power and would probably KO 99% of the the LWs.
Nah... Shogun vs Manuwa would be great... ;)

Cant see it being Manchester.

Manchester Arena pretty booked up. Disney on Ice there for nearly 2 weeks, then the Four Tops and Justin Beiber (not together)

although interestingly theyve got nothing listed yet for the first weekend, 8th October...

So I guess its possible. Depends how much setup time the ice rink needs.. Will they be able to pull down the octagon and seating on Sunday and have an ice rink in place for rehearsals on Mon/Tue... very very doubtful.. its not like the US where they have ice rinks hidden under the basketball courts
i think this would be a great date! theres no UFC sheculled for it yet. Dimspace, congrats on the USADA thread, great job.

Lol, i have no Zuffa conections, was just thinking that these would be great match ups... i dont see a problem with manuwa at co main spot... he headlinend a ufc already with gus!
That's the thing. Your suggestion is far too realistic for a uk card.

scully-xfiles-skeptical.gif

Back