Solving Wonderboy/Ruthless' coaches must know by now

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Before the Rory match, Stephen clearly said that it's really hard to prepare for this style if ur not well-acquainted to it, and in my opinion the only reason rory could even keep up was cause he brought in Daniel both in camp and corner. Cause he's the only other guy who might be able to roughly almost replicate him, cause he faced him in the amateurs' kickboxing and in karate, and he is also made a transition from a decorated sport karate rank to a world champ in kickboxing.

I know it's hard to take Johnny's excuses seriously on this forum, but he did point out that he was confused alot during the fight because all the different karate guys he brought in were useless in preparing him.

Robbie will need something simialar other than "standing and banging" whatever that means, or he'll face a faith worse than Johnny. Imagine if he consulted Machida. But I don't see that happening. anybody know what his gym could have access to?

I think Robbie's power and chin make up for the difference in speed and creative attacks. Either way, it's a crazy fight.

#GUERNICAbless

Robbie will consult his left and right fists and decide which one will knock Stephen the fuck out.

Guys pls robbie has to pass through woodley first...

HAHAHAHAHAHA what am i even talking about he will pass THROUGH woodley!

I think Robbie's power and chin make up for the difference in speed and creative attacks. Either way, it's a crazy fight.

#GUERNICAbless
idk why people forgetting the shit Johnny's pwer used to do ala Fitch und le kampman.

He could bring in Matt Brown
That was pre-engaged to weidman'd sister Wonderboy. All he had problems with back then was the TDD and grappling. and we all saw those elbows Rory ate from him on the ground. Not even Rory with his bjj nor Johnny with his d1 could pull it off now.

People still not realize that Robbie Lawler is not just a brawler.
He has a deep and layered striking game, and it's excellent at figuring stuff out and taking opportunities as the fights progress.
Rory was very tentative of counters, and didn't take every oportunity presented to push forward, also while decent on the pocket, he doesn't have the craftiness and sheer speed and power that Robbie does.

Robbie might just get KO'd with a counter if he gets too careless, but the same could happen to Wonderboy if he stands his ground on the pocket like he did with Rory Mac.
This is a different match-up and a very interesting at that.

Before the Rory match, Stephen clearly said that it's really hard to prepare for this style if ur not well-acquainted to it, and in my opinion the only reason rory could even keep up was cause he brought in Daniel both in camp and corner. Cause he's the only other guy who might be able to roughly almost replicate him, cause he faced him in the amateurs' kickboxing and in karate, and he is also made a transition from a decorated sport karate rank to a world champ in kickboxing.

I know it's hard to take Johnny's excuses seriously on this forum, but he did point out that he was confused alot during the fight because all the different karate guys he brought in were useless in preparing him.

Robbie will need something simialar other than "standing and banging" whatever that means, or he'll face a faith worse than Johnny. Imagine if he consulted Machida. But I don't see that happening. anybody know what his gym could have access to?

Let me start by saying I view myself as one of the biggest Robbie Lawler fans and if/when they fight I will be certainly pulling for Robbie to win. With that said, it's hard to not view a matchup between Stephen Thompson and Robbie Lawler as favorable for Wonderboy. I agree it will be tough for Robbie to stand and bang it out with Thompson, but also there isn't anyone (that I know of at least) at American top team who comes even close to emulating a style even remotely similar to Thompson's.

And here's the kicker(No pun intended) though, Even if Lawler brought somebody in like Machida Who you suggested, it's hard to imagine that would even be enough time for him to learn to deal with somebody with a style like Stephen has. It sure didn't help Rory and I believe he is seven years younger than Robbie. Now Thompson has certainly been caught before specifically by Ellenberger and Robbie has enough power to put Stephen out to one Punch. I also think is worth noting that nobody is better at forcing a brawl them Lawler is and that is the only time the fight between the two would really be favorable.

As I said above, I am as big of a Lawler fan as there is but even I have a hard time thinking that anyone other than Stephen Thompson is the best welterweight fighter in the world right now. However I will say that I don't think Robbie would lose in a style like Johny. If you all lose his it's going to look similar to how the McDonald fight did.

Guys pls robbie has to pass through woodley first...

HAHAHAHAHAHA what am i even talking about he will pass THROUGH woodley!
You acting as if Woodley is some push over speaks volumes to your MMA knowledge. Woodley can crack.

That was pre-engaged to weidman'd sister Wonderboy. All he had problems with back then was the TDD and grappling. and we all saw those elbows Rory ate from him on the ground. Not even Rory with his bjj nor Johnny with his d1 could pull it off now.
Pre-engaged to Weidman's sister? WTF that has to do with anything. He got beat by a better fighter that night. He wasn't on the level that he is now in that fight. Why can't people admit a fighter lost to a better fighter early in his/her career due to experience rather than make some bullshit ass excuse.

You acting as if Woodley is some push over speaks volumes to your MMA knowledge. Woodley can crack.
He's been out for over a year. Robbie's been beating world-class fighters. Robbie is a solid wrestler with great TDD and a significantly better striker. Woodley is a serious under dog in this fight. It's MMA and anything could happen, but ring rust is real and even at his best, I'd still favor Lawler.

The difference between Johny's faith and Robbie's faith:

Johny wants the good lord to take his soul.

Robbie doesn't have a soul, so he'd be happy to take Johny's, Wonderboy's, Conor's, or whoever's.

Wonderboy is going to have to ask himself how bad he wants his soul back once Robbie hurts him--and he WILL hurt him.

seriously? Wonderboy is piercing Weidman's sister?
Weidman isn't good looking at all... pics of aforementioned sis?

Robbie Lawler has been finding a way as of late, we'll see. It's certainly going to be a fan friendly fight.

Actually, Woodley cracks under pressure. At least that's what it seems like. We shall see. But I'm wishing we didn't have to, because I want to see wonderboy v Lawler asap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back