FS1 Featured Prelims:

Daniel Omielanczuk vs. Alexey Oleinik
Rani Yayha vs. Matthew Lopez
Sam Alvey vs. Eric Spicely
Devin Clark vs. Alex Nicholson

Fight Pass Prelims:

Cody Pfister vs. Scott Holtzman
Cortney Casey vs. Cristina Stanciu

Please note that like all my other rating threads, the bout order for this card has not yet been determined and this order is purely for the sake of the thread. With that being said, give or take a prelim or so it seems the UFC Fight Night 91 card has been completed. A bit underwhelming in terms of depth but you can't expect much from a Fight Night card taking place one week after the 3 events leading up to UFC 200 where a lot of high level fighters are being used leaving little room to stack a Fight Night directly after it. So while this one isn't incredibly stacked I do feel there are some good fights to watch. The main and co-main are going to be barn burners but the fight I really like is Smolka vs. Nguyen. That fight has serious implications for FLW and I think the winner could get a #1 contender fight as the division is so damn shallow, maybe against the winner of Scoggins/McCall. Rating this card, I give it a 6-6.5/10 overall. What do you guys think?

8/10 because of the LIneker/Mayday fight and the fact I get to see Chiesa take the beating of his life. Smolka vs. Nguyen is a solid fight too

8/10 because of the LIneker/Mayday fight and the fact I get to see Chiesa take the beating of his life. Smolka vs. Nguyen is a solid fight too
Why don't you like Chiesa?

Why don't you like Chiesa?
I don't mind him I just hate the whole jumping on the bandwagon thing that constantly happens here on sherdog, people actually give him a chance of winning this fight because Dariush got so complacent due to how bad he was schooling him on the feet, Dariush would beat him in a rematch and that was a perfect example of a lucky win, great opportunity given to him on a platter but Ferguson won't be that stupid.

I don't mind him I just hate the whole jumping on the bandwagon thing that constantly happens here on sherdog, people actually give him a chance of winning this fight because Dariush got so complacent due to how bad he was schooling him on the feet, Dariush would beat him in a rematch and that was a perfect example of a lucky win, great opportunity given to him on a platter but Ferguson won't be that stupid.
I understand your point but wanting to see a fighter lose after he gains fans for an exciting win is a bit weird. Bandwagoning happens in every sport, gotta expect fighters to gain a bigger fanbase following an impressive win, especially a fighter like Chiesa who is consistently exciting when he wins. I do think Ferguson wins though, he's just better everywhere.

YX6ZTJ2.gif

7/10 as a whole. But I'm very excited for Smolka/Nguyen, McDonald/Lineker, and Ferguson/Chiesa.

Ferguson should've been put against khabib or cerrone ..chiesa will get destroyed sadly it's too late
7/10

an 8
for me a lot of potential barn burners IMO
I'm really looking forward to this card .

Alvey's already booked after this bloody barnburner vs Elias? Wow.

8/10
it was a 6/10 until I saw Pfister's name in there

Ah, always liked a good laugh.

Back