Jones vs DC 2 question

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
It will be first rematch in each fighter career: in favor of Jones or DC plays this fact? Who you assume be able to do better preparation to the same opponent in second time?

Good question.

Cormier has the benefit of knowing he got too emotional, and knowing that Jones can hurt him with body kicks. Jones has the benefit of the experience and feeling the pressure Cormier brings.

Hard to say who gets more out of that.

Didn't DC rematch Cael Sanderson a couple of times?

Rematches tend to favor the loser, just cause they can see what they did wrong in the first fight and try to approve it.

That said, Jon is still winning imo.

I really doubt Cormier is going to drastically change.

If we're counting outside of MMA, then Jones has rematched red lights & stop signs a few times. So far it hasn't helped him.

Hard to say for certain.

I think they will both make adjustments based on the first fight.

I think DC is going to try and strike more (based on him bringing in a 6'9" pro kick-boxer to spar with), and Bones may well try to sub him (based on him starting to train formally in jiu jitsu).

It's going to be fun to see the chess match play out in this one.

Good question.

Cormier has the benefit of knowing he got too emotional, and knowing that Jones can hurt him with body kicks. Jones has the benefit of the experience and feeling the pressure Cormier brings.

Good answer.

If we're counting outside of MMA, then Jones has rematched red lights & stop signs a few times. So far it hasn't helped him.
Yeah except Jones driving isn't a form of competition, nice try though. Although your original answer to the thread was pretty much spot on.

I have t
Good question.

I have the feeling that Jones was emotional in first fight too and that DC would be even more emotional now. Jones... maybe no.

8LfXYa

That was Colonel Sanders Homie.

Rematches tend to favor the loser, just cause they can see what they did wrong in the first fight and try to approve it.

That said, Jon is still winning imo.

And the winner couldnt see what he did wrong?

I have t

I have the feeling that Jones was emotional in first fight too and that DC would be even more emotional now. Jones... maybe no.

Yeah it does seem like DC's emotional spillovers might be his Achilles' heel. He still can't seem to control himself in press conferences around Jon. Not a good omen for the rematch, unless he gets that under control.

I see DC taking this one, his fight with Gustafson was a great warm up for Jones, plus he has fought Jones before.

Of coarse they can, but usually when you win you do a lot of things right. Less improvement needs to be made..
Maybe... But here I see Jones as the fighter who would improve more. Cause... his camp is much better in this aspect IMO.

Jones is getting Bispinged by DC.....game over!

I think it'd have to favor the one that combated the other's strengths last time and won. Jones gameplan actually want's optimal. He willingly engaged in the clinch and was landing elbows and knees to the body even when he was fending off uppercuts early. He also wasn't as tight as he could be with his kicks which lead to a couple of TD attempts by DC.

Jones coming in knowing he and his camp can shut down the chain wrestling of DC and already have a few ways to not just neutralize but take advantage in the clinch against him is a huge boon.

AKA seems aware of how much damage Cormier absorbed when he was wading his away inside which is a start. Unfortunately for them, making it that kind of ugly fight is probably the best option. He isn't going to outpoint Jones from the outside and he has to economize his energy when attempting to chain wrestle. Neither Jones or DC could really hold the other down but the difference in energy expended was massive. One hit all but one of their TDs(officially 3 of 5 as the trip at the 4th round buzzer wasn't counted for w/e reason) effortlessly and the other took 23 minutes and 8 attempts to realize a short lived TD that got him spinning elbowed for his troubles moments later.

I think it favors JBJ having a winning gameplan that has room to grow while DC has no real new wrinkles in his game, thus far, and is facing a fighter that already often comes out with something else to watch out for each time out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back