VIDEO** Conor McGregor working movement w/ Ido Portal, Cormier tries to instigate sparring

M

MixedMartialArt

Conor McGregor working movement w/ Ido Portal, Cormier tries to instigate sparring; Anderson Silva

I swear Ido is the Tony Robbins of MMA.

Thought he was done with the whole touch-butt thing, they doing touch-dick this time?

Lol Conor is such a goof. All this time he spends on his "movement", and at 10 seconds in when he moves to his right, he crosses his front foot over first lol. Which is like day 1 of boxing and kickboxing training of what NOT to do lol

Lol Conor is such a goof. All this time he spends on his "movement", and at 10 seconds in when he moves to his right, he crosses his front foot over first lol. Which is like day 1 of boxing and kickboxing training of what NOT to do lol

yeah because they're boxing, right?

You don't know what they're doing. None of us do. McG trains in sublime martial disciplines yet to be invented. He's on to something here and I'm thinking the next martial art invented will be rooted in superb foot movement techniques.

Yes that is what you learn on day 1, because you are a beginner. As you get more advanced you can break those rules. Look at Ali with the Ali shuffle for instance, he got away with it because he is above the basics.

Love how no one mentions the fucking awesome thing Yoel and them did for that kid..

Conor is going to get toyed and ktfo in this next fight. It's really that simple at this point. It's just like Rousey, she still has no movement and looks like a confused child throwing combinations, yet refuses to acknowledge it and stays with her same shitty coach

You don't know what they're doing. None of us do. McG trains in sublime martial disciplines yet to be invented. He's on to something here and I'm thinking the next martial art invented will be rooted in superb foot movement techniques.

You're right. Touch-butt, touch-dick, alligator crawl bugalloo; at the end of the day, this is some steven segal esoteric shit right here.

Touchbutt is ahead of its time and won't be fully appreciated for many years.

Yes that is what you learn on day 1, because you are a beginner. As you get more advanced you can break those rules. Look at Ali with the Ali shuffle for instance, he got away with it because he is above the basics.

Yeah you clearly have never even wrapped your hands before... The shuffle was a taunt and also allowed you to land in either stance without your opponent fully knowing how you were going to plant.

stepping over with you front foot first is how you get a strait 2 right to the face or caught with a high kick, or taken down immediately..

No one is better than the basics boyo

conorgettingrocked.gif

Yeah you clearly have never even wrapped your hands before... The shuffle was a taunt and also allowed you to land in either stance without your opponent fully knowing how you were going to plant.

stepping over with you front foot first is how you get a strait 2 right to the face or caught with a high kick, or taken down immediately..

conorgettingrocked.gif

wait time out, are you implying conor doesn't know boxing basics? Ok, champ. Ok. Hey remember to unwrap your hands before typing--you might pull a finger muscle.

You don't learn that because you are a beginner, you learn it because that is the fundamentally right way to do it. don't compare Conor to Ali.

Conor is a boxer. And it doesn't even matter, because no matter what form of fighting you're doing, you should never move laterally in that way. It's a shortcut people take, but you are literally in a defenseless and very vulnerable position...that even good, not great fighters will notice and exploit.

Conor only "supplements" his MMA training with Ido. So no problem. A lot of fighterz play video gamez between workouts. All good!

Last edited:
wait time out, are you implying conor doesn't know boxing basics? Ok, champ. Ok. Hey remember to unwrap your hands before typing--you might pull a finger muscle.
He knows the basics. He just doesn't stick to them all the time lol. But he should at the very least know to train moving to his right, by moving his right foot first!!

conorgettingrocked.gif

As a matter of fact I have wrapped my hands many times champ and have had a bunch of muay thai fights and am as yet undefeated.

To be fair I didn't look at what the fella was talking about with foot crossover, after having a look again then yeah he is right it is not advised. But my point stands that you can break the rules a bit. One of my favourite techniques is to double jab, on second jab switch feet from orthodox into southpaw as I step through and to the outside of their left side with a right hook or body shot then left body kick. I was thinking fella was talking about a crossover more like a switch in this manner.

I will admit, I should have had a look at what he meant before commenting.

You don't learn that because you are a beginner, you learn it because that is the fundamentally right way to do it. don't compare Conor to Ali.
Nope, you learn it because you are a beginner. Once you're no longer a beginner, you can start breaking the rules, when you understand why they exist.

Back