What does Wonderboy have to do for a title shot?

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He has one of the most beautifully displayed fighting styles I've seen. After his 1st round destruction over Johny (who may be 3-0 in title fights in the eyes of many) I thought it was a no brainer: book him vs Robbie at 200. A win win for everybody, except Woodley...

Woodley, whose biggest win comes from a leg ripping takedown. Who hasnt fought in 1 1/2 years is the next title challenger. Granted I'm one of the few who believes his victory over Condit was legit, albeit rare, does he really deserve this?

So instead of getting a title shot, he takes a shot at Rory. I see it as he could sit on the sidelines after the Hendricks destruction and "get in line" like Twood did, or he can take another fight and get paid. So UFC give him Rory, who in my mind is one of the toughest welterweights alive. It's do or die, everything is on the table.

And he passes with flying colors. Does he have to save Dana White from a burning building, or beat a Demien Maia? All I'm saying is his fighting sells itself, I can't think of anyone more deserving of a title shot in ufc

Maybe they didn't wanna guarantee it in case GSP comes back and they don't want him at MW, they want him at WW.

Jesus christ man

Dana promised woodley a title shot like 10 years ago.

Thompson can get his after

He's earned it, all he has to do is chill for 5 weeks and wait for the winner of Robbie vs T-Wood.

join the WWE and do some fake matches and come back for ufc title shot.

I love GSP to death, living legend... But all his half in half out talk is really grinding my gears... Especially if it's stalling fights from being made.

Jesus christ man

Dana promised woodley a title shot like 10 years ago.

Thompson can get his after

He got promised a title shot because hendricks missed weight. I know it's not t-woodleys fault Dana is stupid, but its a stupid to give a man a title shot. He hasn't earned it.

He got promised a title shot because hendricks missed weight. I know it's not t-woodleys fault Dana is stupid, but its a stupid to give a man a title shot. He hasn't earned it.

I agree that he doesn't deserve it

But whats done is done. No use in complaining about it now

Um wait...

He beat rory so I guess dana should ring Woodley and tell him he's out. Woodley should have fought again anyway.

Um wait...

He beat rory so I guess dana should ring Woodley and tell him he's out. Woodley should have fought again anyway.

I understand he was fighting Rory because Woodley is ahead of him in line (not that I think that's fair). But if he has to beat another opponent for the next shot that is ridiculous. His accomplishments at 170 have been overwhelming since the Brown defeat

I believe he has to achieve a quest that starts somewhere close to orgrimmar but no sure

Simple. He just have to wait for the winner of Lawler/Woodley.

Simple. He just have to wait for the winner of Lawler/Woodley.

I think that's really it.

If he doesn't get the next title shot it'll be a disgrace.

So... Wonderboy fighting for gold in february 2017. I can dig

I understand he was fighting Rory because Woodley is ahead of him in line (not that I think that's fair). But if he has to beat another opponent for the next shot that is ridiculous. His accomplishments at 170 have been overwhelming since the Brown defeat
He's next in line. What is so hard to comprehend. He earnt his shot like most should.

He defeated Ellenburger who is shot and barely has a job.
Cote - bum
Hendricks - very polished performance - "HE SHOULD GET A TITLE SHOT AFTER BEATING ! GUY IN THE TOP 15!!!!!" - No he shouldn't
Faces another contender in Rory - wins with a polished performance

= well deserved title shot

Same with those whinging for maia to get a shot. He defeated Gunni who was #15 and then Brown who is a top 10 fighter. He needs to defeat another top guy before he stakes a claim.

I don't understand. Fans whinge when fighters get undeserved shots, but now whinge when fighters don't get them at the drop of a hat.

In closing - Woodley doesn't deserve a shot.

Wonderboy is next, for sure. Dana sounded very high on him during that UFC Unfiltered podcast, and with good fucking reason.

Most exciting fighter in all of MMA right now, baby :cool:

Back