Tate vs. Nunes on UFC 200.....

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
UFC 200 is a really great card. If most of the fights are crowd pleasers it has a great chance of being one of the best and most entertaining cards ever.

I really don't get the thought process of putting Tate/Nunes on this card. The only thing that makes sense to me is if they literally had no other fights to put on it. I guess you can also argue that if they put any other awesome fights on there then they wouldn't have much for 201, 202....But I can't help but think that this card would be so much more epic if it had Robbie Lawler as one of the fights instead of Tate. I'm not hating on Tate either. She is great and all but this fight just doesn't have the wow factor that the other fights have. I mean what if instead of Tate they had mighty mouse fighting that no name? I would be saying the same thing here. It's just baffling to me that they thought it would be a good fight for the main card.

Tate/Nunes can't headline a card and make good money, so it basically has to be on a card with other big names. As much as they want this card to be epic, they still need to save other big names for other PPV's so that they sell as well. It brings more marketing for 200 because they can say "3 belts on the line", and they can save Robbie for another PPV. With the card being as stacked as it is, it's already gonna get max PPV buys, there's no need for them to throw any other big draws on it.

I only remember one Nunes fight, but she won by nasty ground and pound. Looked fairly violent. And Tate has had some exciting fights; she's tough as nails. And it's a title fight. You might be surprised at how exciting it might turn out.

It's sexist unless you have women on the card

I only remember one Nunes fight, but she won by nasty ground and pound. Looked fairly violent. And Tate has had some exciting fights; she's tough as nails. And it's a title fight. You might be surprised at how exciting it might turn out.

It could definitely be a great fight to watch. It just looks weird as a UFC 200 main card headliner

Would've preferred maybe RDA vs Alvarez instead but Tate vs Nunes is almost guaranteed to be much more violent.

UFC 200 is supposed to be the biggest card in history and having women (who belong to one of the more popular divisions in UFC, thanks to Ronda) on the card fighting for a championship adds a little variety.

Nunes will KO Miesha in he first and everyone will be happy.
At this point anything is possible.

With
Bisping winning the title by ko over rockhold, miesha subbing holm, diaz stopping mcrgegor, miocic koing werdum.... 2016 is the year of surprises.... except for diaz because he doesnt get surprised.

Tate/Nunes is more than deserving of being on this card.

Except Vegas Dave. He is betting $1 million on Meisha to win
Yeah… What Vegas Dave don't realise is that Vegas always wins. He should have quit while he's ahead. Nunes has slick striking and power for a woman, and Miesha's striking is basic, bordering on awful.

Miesha is hotter though, and if it was a lingerie fight she would have my full support.

It's overkill. I don't want to watch three five round fights. I sure hope someone gets finished.

Yeah… What Vegas Dave don't realise is that Vegas always wins. He should have quit while he's ahead. Nunes has slick striking and power for a woman, and Miesha's striking is basic, bordering on awful.

Miesha is hotter though, and if it was a lingerie fight she would have my full support.

Agreed on the skills and lingerie points, but Meisha is gritty as hell. If it goes past the first round I think Meisha takes it, unless Nunes is able to batter her badly in the first five. I think the fight will go similar to the Zingano/Nunes fight. Meisha in 4 is my guess.

They need to push the women's 135 division now that Ronda is gone. And what better way than to put a title fight on the biggest card ever. This also has all the makings to be an exciting fight too. It's a good move by the UFC. Miesha gets a ton of exposure to hype up a Ronda or Holm rematch.

For the belt Honda Hosey got knocked the fuck out for!

Pretty sure Tate hand picked her match. Holm turned down this fight if I'm not mistaken and Rousey is awol

Back