Jon Jones's record is better than Fedor's

Snowy1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jones has beaten much better opponents than Fedor has (who does have good wins but also wins against many cans). Jones is also technically undefeated (Hammil loss shouldn't count) and has never looked vulnerable in any fight except the one with Gus.

So in summary, Jones is the GOAT.

cool thread bro

giphy.gif

He has definitely cleaned out his division in an unparalleled way.

Don't care for Jones much, but as fighter, and champ, he is the current GOAT of LHW until someone proves otherwise.

Jones is 2 or 3 all time. Fedor not top 5.

Too bad he isn't a HW and Fedor is.

HW>LHW Always

Fedor>Jones.

Jones is 2 or 3 all time. Fedor not top 5.

Lol, who is better than Jones? GSP and Anderson? I can't see how Aldo, Cruz, or MM beats Fedor at this point, dunno who else you'd have in the top 5

Many fighters have records better than Fedor's. Its not 2009 anymore.

In 2010, Fedor was 31-1 at 34 years old with a BS loss to TK and a BS decision over Arona
Currently Jones is 22-1 at 28 years old with a BS loss to Hammil and a very narrow decision over Gus.

Jones still has a way to go to catch Fedor

The only thing is Fedor was a champion and legend before Jones even had his first fight. No one stays on top forever. But yes there is a great argument for Jones being the GOAT and Fedor is my favorite fighter.

He's not technically undefeated, just semantically. I would say he has an awesome resume nonetheless.

Fedor for me is far and away my favourite fighter,

But there is no doubting that Jones's record is much better, his run and competition has been astounding in comparisson to anyone really.

Jones' first 8 or so wins were cans. He has a great resume when you look at it but the reality is he beat a bunch of aging legends out of their prime. Other than Gus who gave him the hardest fight in his career and Shogun, who is old in dog years, all of his top wins were guys in their mid 30s.

I'm not going to downplay it too much but being a guy in your early 20s beating on guys in their mid 30s is a very real advantage. They may be legends but it's not like he was beating them in their prime.

This is only solved if they fight each other. I think its a hard fought battle that Fedor wins if both in prime. The thing Ive noticed about Jones over the years is that he has
ridiculously deceptive strength partially due to his masterful use of his most defining physical attribute, length hence leverage.

i wouldnt disagree personally - not sure who the best p4p fighter of all time is, bc that is an endless debate, but i feel like competition of schedule goes to jones - gsp has a good one too

Jones fought only one guy who was taller than him, Fedor fought against 30 guys who were taller than him.

And Jones would beat any version whether it's prime, kettleball, or God's will.

This is basically lazy MMAth.

Middleweight Dan Henderson proved this when he moved up and flatlined Fedor.

Lol no.

Come back to me when Jones has any wins over any current HW. Then maybe you can talk abour "GOAT".

Back