Does Rumble have the best stand up in MMA?

benibloom

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Dude is a beast. I can't recall ever seeing him in any trouble on the feet. He always gets the better of his opponent on the feet. It's just a matter of time till he knocks you out if you can't get him down.

Break this down for us. Explain, and give examples bro. Gifs maybe?

Technically, I would say no. But he more than makes up for it with his power. He over extends at times and can leave himself open to the takedown as DC showed, but that was against probably the best technical wrestler in the division.

Break this down for us. Explain, and give examples bro. Gifs maybe?
I just re watched his fight against Cormier. He murdered him on the feet. I don't know how much more Cormier could have taken to be honest.

He hasn't really faced enough good strikers for us to quantify this. Just Gus

Nope, Wonderboy is that man by quite a large margin imo.

Dude is a beast. I can't recall ever seeing him in any trouble on the feet. He always gets the better of his opponent on the feet. It's just a matter of time till he knocks you out if you can't get him down.
Yes.

This might be the greatest sherdog account name ever lol

big power does not equal best striking

he would get his ass whooped in kickboxing because he has a slow plodding style with low output and has a weak mental game

I think Glover slips his punches and knocks him out with tighter boxing. I know I'm the minority on this but we will see when they reschedule this. Or the RNC, either is possible.

he would get his ass whooped in kickboxing because he has a slow plodding style with low output and has a weak mental game
Good thing he has no relation to kickboxing, otherwise this might not be completely irrelevant.

It does if its the most effective. Doesnt matter if it isnt the cleanest prettiest technique if the speed and power is just more effective in the fight. And were not talking about kickboxing. There are few to none Id favor over Rumble standing in mma.

Well then tell me if you've ever seen someone get the better of him standing up and then let me know if you can say that about any other fighter.

Wonderboy almost got ktfo by Brown. Have you ever seen Rumble in a situation like that (i'm talking purely striking)?

Rumble is a killer for sure and his striking is made more effective by the fear he instills in guys. Cant discount how much that fear helps, Bader being a prime example of dropping the ball on account of shitting bricks. Hes great but in my opinion in purely technical terms WB is unreal. Rumble is up there technically as well but not on Stevens level. I see and respect your opinion on Rumble for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back