Which card did you like more, UFC 189 or 199?

Which card did you enjoy more?

• Total voters

Towelie by TKO

The Continental Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Definitely the best cards of this era, which did you guys like more?

199 had the better prelims, but 189 had Robbie and Rory giving us one of the greatest fights ever.

I think I'm gonna go with 189 because I talked the card up a lot to my friends and usually when I do that, the fights end up sucking.

Both were epic. I'll vote UFC 189 though, two flying knee KOs, Lawler-Rory, and Conor beating Mendes was awesome too.

Man, this is harder than I thought it would be. I was just about to say "well, it's definitely 189", but now that I've stopped to think about it, I'm not so sure anymore.

Holloway vs. Lamas was amazing, Cruz vs. Faber was very good, Hendo and Poirier's knockouts were fantastic and watching Bisping kicking Rockhold's ass that way was priceless.

But UFC 189 had Rory vs. Lawler. And the main event was pretty interesting as well.

Damn it. I don't know yet.

199 was better as a whole card since every 189 prelim sucked til the last one, but main card only it has to be 189

189 because i was behind conor.

199 i like cruz and bisping shocked me but they didnt excite me in the same way as when ur invested if a guy truly loses or wins

199 was absolutely epic but 189 was GOAT. For real, that insane Irish crowd, the stacked under card, the Robbie Rory GOAT fight, the crazy live walkout music, whyte walker Conor getting taken down repeatedly then straight running at Mendes like his life was on the line, it was truly lightning captured in a bottle. I mean just watch 'fan reaction vids', people were seriously balling their eyes out. 194, as great as it was, did not have close the emotional impact that 189 did.....I personally think it was the greatest, most epic sporting event ever. If Rumble in the Jungle was "Ben Hur", 189 was "Gladiator".

189 will forever be a special card to me. Honestly one of my favourite ppv main cards of all time. 194 was lit too.

The prelims for 189 aside from Brown/Means were complete snoozers.

Both great cards, but 199 delivered top to bottom. Cards rarely deliver in that fashion despite how good they may seem on paper.

189 had Robbie Vs Rory, and you can't touch that

199 was overall a better card with the crazy ass bisping shocker (not just him winning, but with the KO)

They are both 2 of the best ppvs of all time imo

dont bother posting the line ups or anything

Tough to chose but I went with 199, so many great fights as a whole.

189 was the best main card ever.

Guida/Ortega epic fight
Dariush/James brutal KO

then on the main card

Poirier/Green, epicly hilarious KO
Holloway and Lamas throw down in a technical slooog fest
Dan fucking henderson brutally comeback elbow KO's lombard in an absolute war
Bisping dethrones rocksalt in brutal fashion

Back