The great Fedor is now at the mercy of the unknown...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It's really sad that one of the most dominant fighters of all times ending up at this road of the unknown. By that I mean, was his last fight a fluke, or was it a reality that we don't want to face. Is it possible that Fedor was really just like Royce Gracie getting lucky that he fought mostly people that were one dimensional fighters at that time of Pride and that the sport had evolved too much for him to be special? Or is it that he is just past his prime? Or is it that with new testing, he can't achieve the same levels of competition he used to be?

Who is Fedor and what is his legacy?

Greatest fighter of all time

2018608_original.jpg

Here are some facts my friend.

-they were not testing anyone for drugs leading up to his last fight, so that's off the table. Google it.

-It is a huge stretch to theorize that Fabio Maldonado is a better and more evolved heavyweight fighter than Nogueira, Hunt, Andrei Arlovski (who is very well rounded), Sylvia, or CroCop were when Fedor beat them. Too huge of a stretch.

He's past his prime. To assume that the Maldonado fight was a reflection on his legacy is false. The Werdum, Big Foot, and Henderson losses are a better argument, though I feel he was even past his prime then. Many fighters exit their prime in their early 30s; don't let Henderson, Werdum, or Couture fool you.

Last edited:
The Last Emperor aka The Greatest Fighter of All Time.

Fedor got knocked out by 175lb dan henderson and got absolutely destroyed by big face the nipple milker. Fedor has been done for quite some time

Of course he was every bit as good as we think he was. Go back and watch his fights. "The eye never lies." What he did to Cro Cop was a thing of beauty. Same with Arlovski. Listen to Tim Sylvia's post-fight assessment. An Arlovski who is a shell of his former self went on to become a UFC contender. You don't have to dig very far into the facts and the experiences of other fighters to realize that Fedor was, in fact, a man of legendary talent.

Now Fedor is fighting stupid. You pretty much couldn't formulate a worse gameplan against Maldonado if you tried. Let's keep in mind that Fedor's first-round flurry would have dropped a lot of good HW's. That being said, it's also clear that Fedor's chin is mostly gone. The good news is that fighters can do well at HW with bad chins if they adjust their gameplans -- but is Fedor willing?

He's not going to be a favorite to win the belt. He looked like a LHW against Fabio. But he's a fun fighter who poses problems to a lot of guys. I wouldn't mind watching him in another scrap or two.

He was the greatest fighter in the world at one point, the hard cold facts are it doesn't last forever. He is now slow and prodding. He will always have that incredible power of his hands, but his physical aspect his speed which separated him from other heavyweights is long gone. We are left with memories, and they remain forever.

Fedor got knocked out by 175lb dan henderson and got absolutely destroyed by big face the nipple milker. Fedor has been done for quite some time
He's more than done now. He got beaten from pillar to post by an obese Brazilian who would get KTFO by Laser from American Gladiators

His style was largely dependent on reflexes and explosive bursts. Styles like that generally don't age well. Look at Roy Jones Jr. vs someone like B-Hop.

His style was largely dependent on reflexes and explosive bursts. Styles like that generally don't age well. Look at Roy Jones Jr. vs someone like B-Hop.
That's what I always thought and I'm glad I'm not alone.

The HW division is so evolved that old Pride Veterans like Overeem, Werdum, Barnett, Hunt and Nogueira are or were top ranked not long ago. Arlovski was 1 fight away from a title shot...and a poor mans Crocop is champ and #1.

Yeah no, Fedor is out of his prime. Pride's HW division was leaps and bounds above the current UFC HW division.

The HW division is so evolved that old Pride Veterans like Overeem, Werdum, Barnett, Hunt and Nogueira are or were top ranked not long ago. Arlovski was 1 fight away from a title shot...and a poor mans Crocop is champ and #1.

Yeah no, Fedor is out of his prime. Pride's HW division was leaps and bounds above the current UFC HW division.
You've got a good point there and a strong case!

It's really sad that one of the most dominant fighters of all times ending up at this road of the unknown. By that I mean, was his last fight a fluke, or was it a reality that we don't want to face. Is it possible that Fedor was really just like Royce Gracie getting lucky that he fought mostly people that were one dimensional fighters at that time of Pride and that the sport had evolved too much for him to be special? Or is it that he is just past his prime? Or is it that with new testing, he can't achieve the same levels of competition he used to be?

He did defeat every UFC champion he faced so....

Yeah he sucks only went 10 years undefeated as a bloated 5'11 against all the heavyweight world. I'm sure there lots of guys that did that? Wait....
Hendo did stun Fedor after getting floored and tripped fedor grabbing his leg. Fedor was stunned for about 2 sec but his head was so close to the ground that herb stopem all early jumped on it while fedor was rolling into guard.
The hate on here is stupid. You talk crap about fedor but can't find 1 better fighter.

Yeah he sucks only went 10 years undefeated as a bloated 5'11 against all the heavyweight world. I'm sure there lots of guys that did that? Wait....
Hendo did stun Fedor after getting floored and tripped fedor grabbing his leg. Fedor was stunned for about 2 sec but his head was so close to the ground that herb stopem all early jumped on it while fedor was rolling into guard.
The hate on here is stupid. You talk crap about fedor but can't find 1 better fighter.
It was one lucky shot, plus the rest illegal punches to the back of the head. It should've been ruled as a loss by DQ TBH! Plus, Dan was on TRT and that's like going into a pistol fight with a machine-gun.

Ro

What are you talking about! Royce Gracie is a GOAT. He just came out of a five year layoff and crushed the world's most dangerous man, Ken Shamrock. Get your facts straight.

Back