Do people genuinely enjoy WMMA?

Straightcross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean Rousey was fun to watch because she ended fights quick and it was great to see judo in the octagon but I get so bored if I have to watch 3 to 5 rounds of fighting that is of a worse level than anything on the early preliminaries

Not a huge fan but not very against it either. There are some fights I've enjoyed a lot, but if there are too many wmma fights on a card it does look slightly less appealing.

Hell yeah I enjoy it. So what if you get bored watching it? Men's MMA has plenty of snoozers too, TS. I'd rather watch a Cat Zingano fight than a Jake Shields fight ANY day of the week.

I look forward to Invicta cards.
I wont lie though, I would rather see some attractive women fighting
than a tatted up, butch looking, pink hair having, no boob possesing, chick fight

Yes. It took some convincing for me, but starting with strikeforce the women showed they can fight. And they continue to get better.

A lot of these women really go at it, and I'm seeing more and more that have a killer instinct. JJ is now one of my favorites fighters.

Oh lawd, no. Women getting punched in the face is not entertainment.

Yes. There is definitely some low level stuff that sneaks into the UFC that simply isn't good fighting, but that happens in some of the men's divisions too. The difference is that crappy men's fights are often boring, while crappy women's fights are usually at least wild brawls with some entertainment value. The higher level WMMA in the UFC is also generally full of exciting fights, even if the skill isn't at the same level as the top guys.

SW rules, BW sucks. As simple as that.
Doh I can't agree with you than BW sucks. I look forward to the top 5 mixing it up. Miesha, Amanda, Holly, Cat, and Ronda if she comes back.

Yep. I'm just here to enjoy fights. I don't care what gender or weight they are. And as mentioned before, men's mma has its fair share of boring ass fights as well. Even if you want to try and claim that the women's divisions aren't as deep as men's talent does not coorlate with exciting fights.

Ronda, Miesha, and a few others. In general, the skill level is low and there are few finishes. Other than when Ronda fights, I don't get the feeling a finish can happen at any moment.

I didn't use to. But now it doesn't even matter, a fight is a fight. The women go to war just like the guys.

Back