"Flash KOs" Give em a chance or call it then?

TrueBias

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A flash knock out is when a fighter is knocked out for a given period of time, typically a blink of an eye, and then is conscious.

However a flash ko looks a lot like a hard knockdown. Or does it...? ;)

Some say let that shit go cuz weve had fighters come back.

Barry v kongo
Fedor v maldonado
Frankie v gray

Some say, fuck that. Fighter safety! "They were done. He was out. What, you want him killed?"

Fedor v henderson
Urijah v renan
Diaz v daley

I guess i cant make a poll?

Discuss.

Let the boys play.

stop the fight if its in favor of my fighter. bad reffing if they stop it on my fighter. duh

It is called a flash KNOCK OUT. If someones knocked out the fight should stop.

It all depends on whether or not the fighter is intelligently defending themselves..

In the case of Urijah Vs Renan, imo the fight should have gone a bit longer because Urijah was intelligently defending himself and is a proven veteran..

I'm all about fighter safety tho, and I understand why the ref stopped it

200.gif

If body and arms go stiff as they are falling call it off.

If they go down and show any assembance of defense let it bleed.

I say let them fight if you can.

If they snap back into consciousness just In time to eat a few more shots, shut it down.

If they snap back and immediately continue fighting, let em bang.

Flash KO = stopping the fight. But I can understand the ref not always recognizing its was a KO he needs to make a split second decision.

But yeah any sort of KO you need to stop the fight, besides health concerns, how would you draw the line otherwise? Flash KO 1 -2 second keep fighting 3 or more second stop the fight.

I don't think there's any definite answer. Every situation is unique and should be treated as such. If you have a guy who is known for his durability take a shot and go down like it's a flash KO, that guy should probably be given an opportunity to recover. The ref should be in position to stop the fight immediately, but give the guy a chance. Especially if it's a title fight or likely title shot eliminator. On the other hand, if you've got a guy who's chinny as fuck and he goes down like he's been shot by a sniper, just call that shit right then and there.

Fighter safety is most important.

Letting it go too far is way worse than an early stoppage. You can always fight again.

As far as the sport goes, a major injury, particularly a head injury could cause public outcry and get the attention of lawmakers and be a nightmare for the sport

A. For the fighters long term health, call it.

B.For thrills, let that shit play out.

Fuck it... B

Back