Jones did not struggle with OSP

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
He clearly outstruck OSP throughought the entire fight. He clearly outwrestled and took osp down several times were he layed some vicious GNP.

OSP is a tough cat but IDK why people are saying Jones struggled. Listen, OSP landed a few good shots and put on a good showing of himself. But he was shut out, simple as that. Id even argue that maybe Jones is just more cautious when he fights taller guys.

Truth.

But he did struggle with addiction, hookers, and being a good person.

I guess they thought Jones would finish him, even though he's not a hard hitter.

Well considering he had a performance comparable to Ryan Bader in terms of quality it's just not what you expect from Jones.

I didn't see many people trying to justify Bader's performance against OSP, most people called it one of the worst fights of that year.

Even Jones thought Jones looked off in that fight. I'm not shocked that a rusty/off Jones still beat OSP handily, but I won't pretend the outcome means he looked good. We've seen Jones look phenomenal enough that he's judged by a different measuring stick.

He's so great that a clear decision with no finish against a top 10 fighter is considered underwhelming

Mma fans

No one said he struggled, just looked unimpressive against an opponent that isn't a threat to get the lhw belt

Well considering he had a performance comparable to Ryan Bader in terms of quality it's just not what you expect from Jones.

I didn't see many people trying to justify Bader's performance against OSP, most people called it one of the worst fights of that year.

bADER layed on him the whole fight. he landed no significant gnp. he also landed no significant standing strikes. his takedowns were underwhelming.

jones beat him on the feet, slammed him, landed vicious elbows on the ground, and put on a performance that is not comparable to osp bader

Pretty much everyone struggles
with being a good person, dude.
Even if you do maintain any sort
of level of it; it still ain't no fuckin'
cake walk.
To a certian extent i can agree with that. But not everyone has multiple run in with the law.

Not everyone causes themselves so many issues that they lose theyre life.

Jones didn't struggle with OSP, He just struggled trying to get out of the gates. He seems hesitant and wasn't sure on what he wanted to throw or try to do, unlike his other fights. I'm sure he'll look better in the DC fight.

bADER layed on him the whole fight. he landed no significant gnp. he also landed no significant standing strikes. his takedowns were underwhelming.

jones beat him on the feet, slammed him, landed vicious elbows on the ground, and put on a performance that is not comparable to osp bader

It's a lot closer than you're making it out to be. Not saying Jones didn't do better but they were comparable performances, Jones won one more round anyway.

They were both incredibly slow paced, methodical performances that carried no flash or anything to write home about. They were basic wins, nothing more, nothing less.

He struggled to poke St.-Preux's eyes. I don't remember him landing a single poke.

it was a totally one sided fight for sure, OSP was defensive the entire time and just going backwards and blocking, no wonder he broke his arm because all he was doing mostly was blocking. Jones was trying to make it more entertaining, it was OSP fault it was lackluster.

He clearly outstruck OSP throughought the entire fight. He clearly outwrestled and took osp down several times were he layed some vicious GNP.

OSP is a tough cat but IDK why people are saying Jones struggled. Listen, OSP landed a few good shots and put on a good showing of himself. But he was shut out, simple as that. Id even argue that maybe Jones is just more cautious when he fights taller guys.

OSP didn't even, show up to fight..what struggle..lol

Bader isn't basically an undefeated champion, he had way more to prove than Jones does

Looked kinda like this

giphy.gif

Here are the reasons it was an underperformance:

OSP who has cardio issues stepped in on late notice for a 5 round fight
OSP had a broken arm or hand at the end of the 2nd or third

Jones looked tentative although this may be due to trying get a quick turnaround
There was no finish when it seemed like an old Jones would have got one

He fought a dangerous guy on short notice... took zero risks, was never in trouble and won 50-45.

Back