I just watched Bosse vs O'Connell

Kenji Tomiki

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
and it was nowhere near as technically bad as people here make out. They both showed good cardio and amazing striking. It was a real pro level fighting and not some street brawl kind of Kimbo-Dada just for fun fight.

Bosse's been training in boxing for a long time to help him beat people up in hockey. Both guys know what's up, even if they'll never be A list fighters.

O'Connell and Lawlor are the gods of weigh ins though.

That was top 3 JBG fight of year for sure.

and it was nowhere near as technically bad as people here make out. They both showed good cardio and amazing striking. It was a real pro level fighting and not some street brawl kind of Kimbo-Dada just for fun fight.

giphy.gif
still an awesome fight

Everytime people see two non top 10 guys have a war like that they're quick to label them "non-technical sloppy brawlers"

It really wasn't that bad of a fight. And if your first instinct after seeing that is to complain - you have fucking terrible taste in fights.

Great battle.

But I think the general lack of
exceptional violence for that card
is what made the fight seem to be
more than what it is... not to
devalue their performances;
cause they went to work & I was
highly entertained.... but relative to
some of the great wars we have seen
this year, I don't see it cracking the
top ten. Burkman v Cote, Cucuy v
Barboza, Marco Polo v Hyun Kim....

Thought it should've been a draw.
Glad they got paid.

I don't recall anyone criticizing the fight. I thought it was great.

Was actually glad it went to a decision and neither guy got knocked out as they both made a fan out of me. Hope it leads to some higher profile fights for both guys.

I don't recall anyone criticizing the fight. I thought it was great.

Was actually glad it went to a decision and neither guy got knocked out as they both made a fan out of me. Hope it leads to some higher profile fights for both guys.
Actually too many, that was the reason I didn't watch the fight the next day.

yeah their cardio really impressed me considering how hard they were going at it. i like the fight a whole lot.

Yeah, it wasn't that sloppy and I'm a stickler for technical boxing

Everytime people see two non top 10 guys have a war like that they're quick to label them "non-technical sloppy brawlers"

It really wasn't that bad of a fight. And if your first instinct after seeing that is to complain - you have fucking terrible taste in fights.
HIPSTERS

I don't really recall anyone critisizing the technacality of the fight...
Just remember everyone LOVED it, including myself. GREAT FIGHT deff was FOTN.
Will it make FOTY? that remains to be seen, but I see it finishing in the top 3 to 5 EITHER WAY

It was like watching brain damage happen in real time.

Seriously though, great fight, entertaining as all hell, those guys are as tough as they come.

I was ready to write Bosse off after he damn near got his head kicked off but the guy showed in his last 2 fights that he's game.

I loved this fight!

It was the LHW version of Marco Polo Reyes vs Dong Hyun Kim ("Maestro" not "Stun Gun"), the opener of the Fight Pass prelims of UFC 199. If you haven't seen that one, check it out.

I loved this fight!

It was the LHW version of Marco Polo Reyes vs Dong Hyun Kim ("Maestro" not "Stun Gun"), the opener of the Fight Pass prelims of UFC 199. If you haven't seen that one, check it out.
That fight was insane

It was a great fight, the best fight on that card for sure.

Fucking great fight .. If you didn't like this fight your a fucking pussy and should get back to your My little Pony bullshit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back