Do You Think Michael McDonald Can Still Be a Champ One Day?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
People used to talk about this kid like he was the best big thing, then he got beat by Faber and left for a while. He was getting outworked in his last fight until he scored a come from behind sub, now he is facing John Lineker soon. He has a bunch of high level experience for a guy his age, how far do you think he can go?

He seemed like he had great fight IQ & potential early on... let's see if he can put it all back together and get rolling again.

Yeah I can see it. He needs to start fighting more often again. Dude has Dynamites in his fists.

11.gif

Whoops, wrong fighter.

Well I always thought he was one hellova singer.......but an MMA Champ? Nah...he should stick to singing.....

I'm consistently impressed by this guy and like to watch him fight.

He's only 25. This kid debuted in WEC at age 19!

He's still got a lot of upside, in my opinion. As long as his hands hold up. Hand injuries that cause you to miss 2 years are tough to completely heal.

Yes. Wonderboy was a hard comeback fight, he needs to get surgery and then a tune up fight to get his confidence back. Oh you said Michael MacDonald... still posting this

Yes. Wonderboy was a hard comeback fight, he needs to get surgery and then a tune up fight to get his confidence back. Oh you said Michael MacDonald... still posting this

200w.gif

He could be, but he needs to fight more often, he has had way too much time off and its hard to be consistent like that. if he can be injury free and fight often then sure he could come back to the top. he is talented. its worrying that he has broken his hands twice, once you break your hand then it seems to be a recurring theme with some fighters. I remember Bas saying that once you break your hand there is a 30% more likely chance you will break it again

Lmao misread as Michael Bisping for some reason and just started frantically clicking the thread.

Well I think he's gonna land a bomb on Lineker's chin and I've seen Lineker wobbled bad at FLW so there's a start

I don't think he's improving, he should really go to one of the multiple world-class gyms that are near where he lives. The division is passing him by. I think he matches up fairly well with Lineker, but guys like Sterling or Caraway would maul him right now.

I doubt it, his problem is constant pressure from top fighters. It's a 50/50 if he can overcome and counter or dominate from the pressure. He's a solid fighter with dynamite hands but the injuries could possible take its toll. I see the dude as a perennial gatekeeper without ever sniffing the title.

But hey Mayday is exciting so I won't be upset if he puts it all together

I don't think he's improving, he should really go to one of the multiple world-class gyms that are near where he lives. The division is passing him by. I think he matches up fairly well with Lineker, but guys like Sterling or Caraway would maul him right now.
dunno about that, michael could catch either of em.

sterling could run around throwing his goofy baby kicks and maybe avoid it but i could see caraway walking into something while trying to be all gritty n tough.

He destroyed Pickett when that meant a lot more, hung in with Barao, and is still real young. He's got excellent KO power. I think the winner of the Mayday/Lineker fight gets to fight Caraway for a title shot, after Dilly/Rapha.

People used to talk about this kid like he was the best big thing, then he got beat by Faber and left for a while. He was getting outworked in his last fight until he scored a come from behind sub, now he is facing John Lineker soon. He has a bunch of high level experience for a guy his age, how far do you think he can go?
I forgot all about that dude, good fighter though. Anything is possible my good man, if one eyed Bisping can flatline Luke Rockhold anything is possible indeed!

Back