Anyone else choosing Nunes over Tate?

iloveufc123

UFC <3
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone?

Amanda Nunes is going to knock Tate out in the first round! Nunes is so underrated around here.

The reasons she has lost in the past is because she didn't know how to pace herself. Now she's fighting smarter and picking her shots well.

No way Tate is going to whether the early storm.

Tate is more intelligent than to stand and bang in the 1st round.

Would love to but no. What's your evidence for Nunes' better pacing? This is going to be a 5 round battle. Miesha showed that kind of cardio against Holm, while Nunes gassed badly in the 3rd against Shevchenko. If Nunes doesn't murder Miesha in the 1st, she'll gas and lose a lot of times. Of course she has that 1st round TKO potential, but it's almost her only shot...

Schevchenko started slow, but legit outclassed her in the third. Nunes is lucky.

Your OP is confused. First you said she had problems with pacing in the past but is past that and has learned to pace herself. Then you ended with "Tate can't weather the early storm", implying Nunes is coming out gunsblazing and not pacing herself at all

Your OP is confused. First you said she had problems with pacing in the past but is past that and has learned to pace herself. Then you ended with "Tate can't weather the early storm", implying Nunes is coming out gunsblazing and not pacing herself at all
In the past, she would rock her opponents and go after it like she did against Cat. She has picked her shots better lately. She did good in her fight against Schevchenko. She gassed badly in the 3rd I know but she did good in the 1st and 2nd.

My last sentence, I meant as if Tate does get dropped, there's no way she's getting back up.

Would love to but no. What's your evidence for Nunes' better pacing? This is going to be a 5 round battle. Miesha showed that kind of cardio against Holm, while Nunes gassed badly in the 3rd against Shevchenko. If Nunes doesn't murder Miesha in the 1st, she'll gas and lose a lot of times. Of course she has that 1st round TKO potential, but it's almost her only shot...

She has been picking her shots better in her recent fights. I know Miesha has the cardio advantage but Nunes is going to be danderous in the first and second.

Let's see how good Tate does later in the rounds when she's all beat up from the first 2 rounds.

Her only chance is to win by tko, I understand but what I'm trying to say is, she will.

She can win if she can get Miesha to brawl.

What literally everybody says about the fight simply is the truth in this case:
Either very early finish for Nunes or it's an easy win for Tate.

Forget about Nunes pacing herself, she wasn't very aggressive in the first round in her last fight, had top position for a good amount of the second and still gassed hard in the third. She simply doesn't have cardio. Actually she shouldn't pace herself because then even the puncher's chance might go away.

Nunes definitely has the skills but her cardio is questionable. Miesha by sub in the later rounds.

If Nunes doesn't win by the first round, round & a half at most - she isn't going to.

20150720113121www_northdallasgazette_com___running_E.jpg

She gassed and lost the 3rd round in her last fight too though. There really is no evidence that she has fixed her weakness - cardio.

Predictable fight. If she doesn't finish early, she loses late. She is definitely dangerous enough to put anyone away though.

No.

See Tate vs Coenen...Tate vs McMann...Tate vs Holm, etc.

It's hard to pick against Cupcake and her ability to pull wins out after seeing her come back so many times. At least not with Nunes.

I'll take Nunes. Would like to see her win, but I like both..Tate winning would set up a Ronda fight?

I hope Nunes wins but I would like to see Miesha beat Ronda.
Maybe if Nunes wins then Ronda will never come back and that would be a big WIN for everybody!

Back