Let's talk about new UFC fighter Emil Meeks..

MMAViewer

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I am excited to see this guy in the UFC. He is coming off a huge KO win over Paul Harris.

Couple questions I have:

1. Can anyone explain the No Contest ( overturned by promoter)??
2. How the hell is this guy's nickname not the Freak?
3. How far can he go in the UFC?

I've never seen it listed as a NC?

But according to Sherdog, he must be a can since he has no Wiki page.

I didn't think a promoter had the authority to overturn anything..??

1. Can anyone explain the No Contest ( overturned by promoter)??

Emil was down two rounds to this giant he was fighting, then in the 3rd, he suddenly starts blasting away at the giant. Meek was fucking him up pretty good, about to win when the ref interfered in a really weird way, stopped the action, supposedly to give Piotr back his mouthpiece -- but it was in the middle of an exchange, really out of line. Then on top of that he also gave him like a full minute's rest to recover, for no reason. Foul play/hometown cooking was heavily suspected, the guy was being protected so he could win the decision.

Some MMA professionals who were there got together and formally protested, including Marc Goddard, and it was enough pressure for the promotion to overturn the decision and make it a NC. Really it should have been a TKO for Emil Meek, because that was what was about to happen, but at least he got the bullshit 'loss' taken off his record.

Emil was down two rounds to this giant he was fighting, then in the 3rd, he suddenly starts blasting away at the giant. Meek was fucking him up pretty good, about to win when the ref interfered in a really weird way, stopped the action, supposedly to give Piotr back his mouthpiece -- but it was in the middle of an exchange, really out of line. Then on top of that he also gave him like a full minute's rest to recover, for no reason. Foul play/hometown cooking was heavily suspected, the guy was being protected so he could win the decision.

Some MMA professionals who were there got together and formally protested, including Marc Goddard, and it was enough pressure for the promotion to overturn the decision and make it a NC. Really it should have been a TKO for Emil Meek, because that was what was about to happen, but at least he got the bullshit 'loss' taken off his record.
I knew it was something weird.
Seems like athletic commission should have done the overturning and hopefully the ref was banned.

Really interesting story. Thanks for the knowledge drop.

Seems like he'll be an exciting addition. Aggressive, and has KO power. I can jive to that.

Seems like he'll be an exciting addition. Aggressive, and has KO power. I can jive to that.
I like that he beat Paul Harris as much as I like his aggressive style but in any case I'll be rooting for him in his debut.
Hoping it will air live somewhere.

His celebration after destroying Palhares was incredible.

Frank Merenda: building the hype of UFC superstars and changing the MMA landscape

via Photoshop

since 2016.

His celebration after destroying Palhares was incredible.

Mandatory

He's a flash in the pan fighter the UFC is jumping the gun on solely based off his win over Palhares which consisted of him getting tackled against the cage then throwing some elbows behind the ear and finishing the fight with punches to the back of the head.

Depending on who they debut him against he'll probably get squashed in a few before he gets cut.

Back