Gustafsson: "I believe and I know I can beat DC and Jones now"

Uncommon Valor

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
"I believe and I know I can beat DC and Jones now," Gustafson said. "I can't wait to show everyone the new and improved Alex. "I've been close to being a champion before, but I still believe I've got a lot to learn. That's why I've used this time away from competition to really focus on sharpening all of my skills. I truly believe I've not yet reached my full potential. I've still so much to give, and I'm only 29 years old. I have a good few years left in me and I feel good—actually, I feel great—and I'm ready to go now. "I've been working on a lot of my techniques in the gym, but I've also been trying to enjoy what I do and just relax a little. I'm listening more now, and not stressing about stuff. Before, I would be hard on myself and just keep pushing to keep going forward and faster, but now I just reign myself back to a nice level. Just being more calm and relaxed has made me so motivated to compete again now."

Here's the rest of the article:

http://www.flocombat.com/article/42883-alexander-gustafsson-eyeing-another-title-run

Is he not confident in that he could beat Rumble again? Out of Rumble, Cormier, and Jones, who does Gustafsson have the best chance in beating? Also, could a mod add a poll?

Brilliant. Now win a fight first.

1 step at the time Guss. You will get there.

Well,he's the guy who went to close dec with both so is not like he's way to far from their level.

It's not farfetched he had competitive fights with both. I wish homie would fight more often I'm stoked to see him fight again.

So he feels exactly the same way he did right before he dropped those fights?

Well, this is a game-changer.

In a couple more years he could definitely be champ. Not saying he will but he has all the tools to do so.

Brilliant. Now win a fight first.

This. Earn that shot again and prove to us that you can.

It's not farfetched he had competitive fights with both. I wish homie would fight more often I'm stoked to see him fight again.

True true. I do like the guy's fighting style.

A fighter believes he can be the best... that's the right mentality.

Don't know why people are knocking him for it. Should he have said, "I believe I will lose....?" If that's the mentality, then it's time to retire.

It's like he is missing that extra something that prevents him from becoming a champion.

I hope he found that something and worked on it. I believe him.

This. Earn that shot again and prove to us that you can.

True true. I do like the guy's fighting style.

Yeah I like his style his hands are great and I like his footwork, dude is a beast when he is on. Undertaker is more active than Gus tho smh.

alexander gustafsson is the only one who can put up an interesting fight in the LHW division. dude has an iron chin.

In a couple more years he could definitely be champ. Not saying he will but he has all the tools to do so.

His best tool would be to pray that Jones moves up to HW, retires, or goes to jail, because he missed his chance to beat him, and has lost twice since then.

Yeah I like his style his hands are great and I like his footwork, dude is a beast when he is on. Undertaker is more active than Gus tho smh.

Haaaa. The Undertaker may legit die in the ring too.

I just hope Gus isn't mentally defeated.

Haaaa. The Undertaker may legit die in the ring too.

I just hope Gus isn't mentally defeated.
undertaker_tumbstones_vickie_by_hardtaker-d3ffb9o.gif

He's a true gentleman though

If he faces Rumble again, that would be his retirement fight.

Well I don't. He really needs at least 3 wins before another title shot. I don't care how well he did in the shot he didn't deserve in the first place. He still lost to DC. would like to see him fight some of the rank 5-10 guys.

He should have stepped into the Glover fight then. A win there would have brought him right back into the contender discussion; 1-2 fights away from challenging Jones again for the title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back