Was the movie Bloodsport the inspiration for UFC 1?

200w.gif

Shit is my inspiration to train haha

It was my inspiration...Blood Sport, The last Dragon, and Big Trouble Little China. 3 most re-watched movies for me as a kid.

Generation X

Dux is the biggest fraud in martial arts

I know one of the main reasons that they had UFC 1 was to display Gracie jiu jitsu, but there are a lot of factors that could have inspired this tournament format with the clash of styles and the single-elimination tournament. http://vendettafighter.com/frank-dux-movie-bloodsport-inspiration-ufc/

Don't know if it inspired the UFC. But it did inspired a following and hence a slew of very bad JCVD movies all through the 90s.

Except for Cyborg. That was a good movie. The only good JCVD movie.

If it was 'in the air,' it may have contributed.

Apparently there is a film called "Lady Bloodfight" set to come out this year; it's based on Bloodsport, but is about an all female fight tournament. Don't worry, Ronda Rousey and Paige Van Dance are not in it.

When are they gonna make MVP: Most Vicious Primate

Jack the Chimpanzee gets signed by Dana White for a lucrative deal of 3 bananas per fight.

I want to see someone hold a Tenkaichi Budokai-style tournament. Raised hard surface, no canvas, no cage. You lose if you fall off the platform. Tournament format with no weight divisions or gender restrictions. Every fighter draws a number out of a box to determine their location in the bracket.

When are they gonna make MVP: Most Vicious Primate

Jack the Chimpanzee gets signed by Dana White for a lucrative deal of 3 bananas per fight.

Chimpanzees are like 5-6 times stronger than the average man. That being said, they are vicious.

Nah, the local Vale Tudo circuits have been around in Brazil since at least the 1970's.

Don't know if it inspired the UFC. But it did inspired a following and hence a slew of very bad JCVD movies all through the 90s.

Except for Cyborg. That was a good movie. The only good JCVD movie.
Legionnaire and In Hell were pretty good. Granted, In Hell was 2003.

Back