I fear an upset loss for RDA against Eddie.

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
This is why. Watch RDA's fights against agresive grapplers. He's really only fought 2 or 3. He's able to be pushed against the cage, and isn't impossible to take down like Aldo is. Eddie is very good at this, since he came to the ufc. Watch the Pettis and Melendez fights for example. He strategically placed Pettis and Melendez against the cage, and was able to tale them down, and with Gil, he really tired him out in the 3rd.

His wresltings better than RDA's, and he will take him down a few times. He's gonna spoil the fight this way, and he's gonna tire RDA out for sure, eventually. He's gonna strike just enough, and he'll be tricky on the feet, unless RDA catches him early, or often. He gonna mix in his striking, then go for his take down attempts when you're agaosntthe cage. The question is, can RDA sustain enough of his stamina while getting grappled to finish Eddie, or be effective enough in his striking to beat him?

But, what works in RDA's favor is, he's a come forward type of fighter with immense pressure. If he's successful early, he'll be able to pressure Eddie enough with his kicks, and his own grappling. This could just as easily be a one sided, dominating victory for RDA, but Eddie's a vet, and I think he'll have some tricks for RDA, and turn it into a battle of conditioning.

I truly hope RDA finds his rhythym early, and just dominates from the opening bell, but I have a feeling Eddie's gonna have a really good startegy, and spoil RDA's night. I really hope I'm wrong, and wouldn't be surprised in the least if RDA beats him down.

We're so used to him beating down mainly strikers, and a guy like Nate that doesn't have a legit TD threat, that we forget, he's still susceptible to the TDs, and getting grinded.

But let me say this. RDA has one of the best equalizers in the game. That left kick to the midsection is seriously a game changer, and he's so fast with it, its scary. Of he hits you once with it, all your wind could be gone. And that's what he needs to agajsnt Eddie. Kick the shit out of him. His kicks are crippling.

And got damn, RDA is like the Roberto Duran of MMA. He's relentless, and his body attacks are a nightmare. He's so vicious with his hands too. Just doesn't think twice, and throws barrages of brutal hands at you. And his punches to the body are gruesome. He's a machine.

I might have to take it back. RDA's conditioning is ridiculous. But still, I think Eddie.might pull off the upset.

I hope not, I don't dislike Eddie but I hate how he's been fighting in the UFC, if he won the belt in that fashion I'd consider him the most undeserved champion.

Im confident in rda but one thing weve learned this year is no champ is imortal ...ecxept jon jones

RDA's on another level than most so there's no way I'd bet against him going forward.

And if it happens watch Conor scream for a title fight against Eddie.

I don't know what to tell you. I don't know Alvarez's fighting. I see he's gone 2-1 in the UFC with his two wins being against Pettis and Giblert, his loss against Cerrone. Aside from those good wins, he went 1-1 with Aoki, beat Kawajiri, and beat Joachim Hansen.

I'm sorry for basing this on looking at his record rather than watching his fights (which I don't have), but I don't think he's on RDA's level. Time will tell if I'm right.

I fear that my parents will be gone soon. I wonder what that's gonna be like.

I think RDA finishes him early. He's the got the speed, and the power. Eddie gets rocked in most of his fights, and RDA has been on a tear.

You forget that eddies two wins were split decisions against guys who are much worse wrestlers than RDA in Pettis and Meldenez ( he really only won the Melendez fight cuz Melendez gassed bad due to altitude. )

5 rounds is a super, super long time to try and grind a finisher like RDA. Not to mention Alvarez isn't a great grinder, he was barely able to do just enough against Melendez and Pettis.

Anything can happen, but RDA is a beast. He isn't gonna go full retard like Luke or Werdum either with gameplan.

You forget that eddies two wins were split decisions against guys who are much worse wrestlers than RDA in Pettis and Meldenez ( he really only won the Melendez fight cuz Melendez gassed bad due to altitude. )

5 rounds is a super, super long time to try and grind a finisher like RDA. Not to mention Alvarez isn't a great grinder, he was barely able to do just enough against Melendez and Pettis.

Anything can happen, but RDA is a beast. He isn't gonna go full retard like Luke or Werdum either with gameplan.

There's no way you just said Gil is a much worse wrestler than RDA. No way. I love RDA, but he's not a better wrestler than Gil. Better grappler, yes, but not wrestler.

There's no way you just said Gil is a much worse wrestler than RDA. No way. I love RDA, but he's not a better wrestler than Gil. Better grappler, yes, but not wrestler.

I dunno. Their only recent common opponent is Pettis who Gil couldn't get down as his life depended on it, and RDA took Pettis down with ease. Though obviously his much better striking helped.

I know RDA's wrestling has struggled in the past but since he's become super enhanced RDA he hasn't been taken down. I guess we'll see though.

I dunno. Their only recent common opponent is Pettis who Gil couldn't get down as his life depended on it, and RDA took Pettis down with ease. Though obviously his much better striking helped.

I know RDA's wrestling has struggled in the past but since he's become super enhanced RDA he hasn't been taken down. I guess we'll see though.
He's but in a lot of work with Jacob Harman (among others). He is one of the few fighters who has actually gone out and sought to improve the areas he was weakest in.

I think TS made some good points, I still slightly favor RDA but Eddie could pull it off.

i cant figure out why, but im really rooting for alvarez. maybe i'm still bitter about what dos anjos did to cerrone :(

Back