Motivated GSP?

Shotcy

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
See a lot of people saying GSP is going to be a lot worse with his 3 year lay off and then coming back. Which if I had to bet my life on it, I would agree.

Didn't GSP stop fighting because he just got burnt out and tierd of it all? I hear that he said something along the lines that he hasn't been motivated in the last 3 fights? Huge if true.

So let's say that scenario is 100% legit. Do you think GSP will look like he did 3-6 fights ago? Will that be enough to take on the elite today? One big issue is I think he had another ACL surgery sense retiring and hasn't had a real fight with that yet either.

I give motivated muscled out GSP a decent chance at the MW title. Is it that much less likely then saying Bisping would claim it one year ago?

> See a lot of people saying GSP is going to be a lot worse with his 3 year lay off and then coming back

alot of people voted to stay in the EU

> Which if I had to bet my life on it, I would agree.

post the slip

> Didn't GSP stop fighting because he just got burnt out and tierd of it all?
> I hear that he said something along the lines that he hasn't been motivated in the last 3 fights?
> Huge if true.

And sponsorships and USADA and a few other things, like the giant pile of money he sleeps on while he doesn't get punched in the head by lawler.

>So let's say that scenario is 100% legit

Let's not.

He was pissed off because he thought that everyone he was fighting was on roids.

> See a lot of people saying GSP is going to be a lot worse with his 3 year lay off and then coming back

alot of people voted to stay in the EU

> Which if I had to bet my life on it, I would agree.

post the slip

> Didn't GSP stop fighting because he just got burnt out and tierd of it all?
> I hear that he said something along the lines that he hasn't been motivated in the last 3 fights?
> Huge if true.

And sponsorships and USADA and a few other things, like the giant pile of money he sleeps on while he doesn't get punched in the head by lawler.

>So let's say that scenario is 100% legit

Let's not.

You've been very helpful. Thank you for the discussion and all of your logic. Please be my friend all tho I know you wont because you must have sooooooo many.

To be honest I'm not sure even being in top form would be enough for GSP to compete nowadays. Guys are ALWAYS expecting the double leg and last card I saw a guy start to get double legged and just straight up run to the cage to help defend it. Jab and double aren't enough today.

Needed time off for St. Hubert (F*** Swiss Chalet), Dumpling, & Schwartz's; That shit wreaks havoc on a weight cut.

If anyone makes a successful return like this, it's GSP.

War GSP.

Don't blink, you're going to see an all-new GSP who's hungrier than ever before.*

*Rseults not typical.

He's only motivated when he's at his greasiest.

But he hasn't changed a bit since USADA...
If anything, he's bigger. And his retirement was quite a bit before the new testing regime IIRC. I remember him saying it was a step in the right direction for him to return.

I think we will see a more motivated and hungrier gsp. People can have their opinions (though most are bias), but gsp is greatly being underestimated on these boards and alot of them will be eating their words.
He's a smart guy, and there really is no reason for him to come back other than just wanting too and feeling confident

If anything, he's bigger. And his retirement was quite a bit before the new testing regime IIRC. I remember him saying it was a step in the right direction for him to return.

I think he was referring to Hendricks.

Back