Sale of UFC/Zuffa, Is It About Greed or Another Way of Growing MMA?

Killuminati0947

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Everything thing they have done in the past 15 years has been about growing the sport for the long-term future. Why when you finally have New York, major TV deals, Fight Pass, bad ass Reebok shit(joke), etc. would you sale?

I know $4 Billion is a lot of reasons. But after all the work they put in to grow this I don't think they would sale 100% unless they knew the sport was going to grow. The new owners will have more $$ to pour into this helping fighter pay, production quality, and promotion.

I personally still don't see them selling 100%.

Inb4 Cause Ali Act, UFC dying, Ronda/Conor dead.

Everything thing they have done in the past 15 years has been about growing the sport for the long-term future. Why when you finally have New York, major TV deals, Fight Pass, bad ass Reebok shit(joke), etc. would you sale?

I know $4 Billion is a lot of reasons. But after all the work they put in to grow this I don't think they would sale 100% unless they knew the sport was going to grow. The new owners will have more $$ to pour into this helping fighter pay, production quality, and promotion.

I think they realized the sport plateaued plus the Muhammad Ali act coming. Also the Fertitta could of got tired of the criticism they receive day in and day out. A combination of all of the above.

If you build a business and then sell it at a huge profit, that's not greed. It's good business.

It's called business. Buy low and sell for a fuck load! Next....

They're only selling a portion if at all. It's all just:

They've cultivated what we know as MMA and made a shit ton of money in the process, now it's time to harvest.

that made more sense in my head, but basically they cashing out

They took something worth 2 million and made it into 4 billion.

Now they can take something worth 2 billion and take it up to 4 trillion.

Zuffa is that good.

If they do sell 100% (which I don't think they will) it might be because they have to deal with 6,000 starving employeez constantly bitching about their paychecks.

There'z a hell of a lot easier wayz for a billionaire to make money.

upload_2016-6-23_23-10-52.png

HHUECoM.jpg

I really don't believe business wise it's worth that much. If some stupid billionaire wanted to overpay by ridicilous amount think it would have something to do with being in the public and image that would attract as well. Think about how many ppl know Dana ya goof

This thread is missing options, the more likely option is it's about making smart business decisions.

Why is it so hard for people on Sherdog to believe the reason behind the sale is the 4 BILLION DOLLARS?
This is like the 10th conspiracy theory thread by someone looking for a deeper meaning behind the sale of the UFC like its so hard to believe that a for profit company is being sold simply for profit
Boy would I hate to be trapped in you peoples minds all day

Good business isn't greed. That's silly.
When you play basketball is your goal to win by two points when you can win by 30 points?
Is it greed?

Everything thing they have done in the past 15 years has been about growing their wallets .

EFA

The growth of "the sport" (and UFC is not a sport) of MMA was a byproduct and necessity to that end. Zuffa has never been about "the sport" of MMA, rather the UFC itself and whatever allowed Zuffa to make the most money on the back of that.

It could have been snail racing for all that matters when it comes to the bottom line, as long as it brought in the $$$

Damn good business though

Last edited:
The nerve of some people trying to make a shit ton of money!

It is all about greed. It has always been all about greed. The only reason they wanted to grow the sport was money. They paid most of the fighters shit because of money. They took the reebok deal because of money. Etc.

Back