Another Conor vs Diaz Thread

RealMadridMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was watching the Diaz vs Thomson fight and man Nate ate som BOMBS in that fight and just kept coming forward until that last head kick. Watching this fight I'm thinking Conor really can't win the rematch.

So watching Conor vs Diaz 5 minutes ago, I remembered it being a domination by Conor in the first round but wow Conor looked soo fucking sloppy I can't recognize him in this fight. He's winging left and rights with everything he has no precision no timing only power shots. I'm thinking what the fuck is he doing? I think he underestimated Diaz big time. Second round looks a little better but the movement is all gone. He's standing still and trading with Diaz, something Conor never does after watching all his fights. At one point his legs almost gives up but Diaz hasn't hit anything here so this comes from exhaustion. Conor gassed so badly after 1 round. How is he supposed to go 5 rounds with Nate? In my opinion what he needs to do is be passive. Counters and utilize hard leg kicks.

Short recap: I can't recognize Conor in this fight. I was going for Conor in the rematch but I'm picking Diaz after analyzing the first match.

Inb4 didn't read lol.

Edit: Thread basically turned into a hate thread. Please delete this thread :)

Last edited:
I thought the same after the fight happened. But you can tell how much Conor wants to get that win back, and how much this fight means for him. So I'm expecting the best version of Conor for this fight. Picking his shots better, actually using his kicks, better movement which is something he also didn't used in the first fight, better cardio. He of course will not be trying to finish Nate with a one punch this time. I think this should be enough, Conor has everything to beat Nate, and he will only lose to him if he fights Nate fight again, which is, I hit you, you hit me. Nate will always win those type of fights because of his chin and cardio, but when someone fights with a plan against him, it isn't that hard.

Conor will not go in with same, shit strategy. He will take the next fight.

What i noticed was how powerless Conor looked when he was in clinch with nate, I mean .. he couldnt do anything

Nate has better boxing, bjj, cardio, and chin. Conor has more power. I like Nate in this matchup 8/10 times

Edit: I also don't think Diaz 1-2 combo hurt him at all. I think he was just too exhausted at this point he's standing with his hands down when Nate flurries him.

Conor himself admitted the 1-2 rang his bell

I thought the same after the fight happened. But you can tell how much Conor wants to get that win back, and how much this fight means for him. So I'm expecting the best version of Conor for this fight. Picking his shots better, actually using his kicks, better movement which is something he also didn't used in the first fight, better cardio. He of course will not be trying to finish Nate with a one punch this time. I think this should be enough, Conor has everything to beat Nate, and he will only lose to him if he fights Nate fight again, which is, I hit you, you hit me. Nate will always win those type of fights because of his chin and cardio, but when someone fights with a plan against him, it isn't that hard.

I agree. It was actually shocking watching the fight again, he talks so much about movement and he just stands there winging overhand lefts.
I hope he improves his cardio because he was only fit for 1 round or 1.5.

He fought with a horrible strategy. He needs to move and counter Nate coming in or put him on his back feet with crisp kick/punch combos. He absolutely gassed himself throwing wild shots and hitting nothing but air.

It was strange watching Conor show such a lack of fighter IQ in that fight. I think he will fight smarter and take the fight personally.

Conor himself admitted the 1-2 rang his bell
I'm sure it did, I didn't mean it didn't affect him at all, just that he didn't get rocked. He seemed totally fine, legs moving good and the same shots, just exhausted.

I've watched the fight several times since, and I think Conor's dominance in the first round is overstated. He landed a few decent shots, but Nate was slipping most of Conor's offense and a cut isn't really indicative of damage, especially from a veteran with scar tissue like Nate. With that said, Conor is too smart and talented to walk into the next fight unprepared. I can't wait for it personally.

Nate's just a better fighter than Conor. I guess that's hard for some people to accept.

I think he underestimated Diaz big time.

Understatement of the century!

Like Bones vs OSP and Werdum vs Stipe, he celebrated before he got in the ring and paid the price. He went in with the mentality like he had already won, then had a massive adrenaline dump and quit. People act like Diaz broke him....not true, Conor broke himself. I dealt with performing in front of large groups of people (music) and always struggled to find the right mindset....when I was to relaxed, no nerves at all, I would start off loose and then be EXHAUSTED, one time even puking all over my drums during the last song. When I would be nervous, intimidated, I would be too tight in the beginning but end well. I think Conor just thought after KO'ing Aldo in one punch, "Im a golden God"...and who can blame him? Aldo is a stud. I think he is going to look like an absolute monster this time, seein as he was better than Diaz on the feet than anyone we have ever seen, it was really incredible to see someone, esp a much smaller fighter, dominate Diaz like that. No doubt about it, he blew his f'n load, had a massive adrenalin dump and just gave up.

Edit: I also don't think Diaz 1-2 combo hurt him at all. I think he was just too exhausted at this point he's standing with his hands down when Nate flurries him.

I'm sure it did, I didn't mean it didn't affect him at all, just that he didn't get rocked. He seemed totally fine, legs moving good and the same shots, just exhausted.

Getting your bell rung = being rocked = being hurt

but when someone fights with a plan against him, it isn't that hard.

Yes, he's an easy fight, all one needs is a plan. Fighters usually don't plan things out in the several months of training and prep before a fight.

I've watched the fight several times since, and I think Conor's dominance in the first round is overstated. He landed a few decent shots, but Nate was slipping most of Conor's offense and a cut isn't really indicative of damage, especially from a veteran with scar tissue like Nate. With that said, Conor is too smart and talented to walk into the next fight unprepared. I can't wait for it personally.
I also think something was up with SBG. All their fighters were gassing up until Gunnie recently looking like a savage vs Tumenov. Makwan gassed, Paddy gassed in 1, Conor gassed in 1, Gunni gassed in minutes......I think they found out the hard way that 'update your software without hurting your hardware" philosophy has it's limits.

My thing with the Conor Diaz fight was everyone thought it was a foregone conclusion, that Conor would destroy him. Look at the fight thread from that night, everyone thought it was a total blow out until Conor took that deep breath, had this look on his face like "Shit....check please", Diaz cracked him, Conor dove in and looked for a quick way out, knowing he could still cash his 10 mil check and fight another day. That was no where near the same Conor that beat Holloway from pillar to post over 15 with one knee and wasn't even breathing hard. As Conor says, this game is all about mental strength. He recognizes the mental weakness because he is human and has encountered it himself. It's very possible Diaz beats his A from pillar to post but I wont be shocked if Conor comes out looking like an absolute savage, the savage we have seen before that blew away everyone's expectations. We must also take into account the perils of adding on alot of weight, esp in a shot time frame, and the obvious dangers it present to cardio.

Yup, that's what a lot of people miss. He was exhausted as fuck. He wasn't necessarily "rocked" by the punches, more like they off-balanced him because he was so exhausted.

Nate has better boxing, bjj, cardio, and chin. Conor has more power. I like Nate in this matchup 8/10 times
You only can have better cardio and chin, the rest its only different styles

Yup, that's what a lot of people miss. He was exhausted as fuck. He wasn't necessarily "rocked" by the punches, more like they off-balanced him because he was so exhausted.

(this is what Conor fans actually believe)

Back