GSP vs Yoel Romero How would this go?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
After listening to GSP's last few interviews the past few days its almost certain that he is making a return for the right fight.
He mentioned Bisping being a good fight for him because in GSP's words "right now Bisping is the guy to beat". Which is up for argument. I personally agree to SOME extent since Bisping beat Anderson Silva (the same guy Weidman did for the title) then went on to beat Luke the guy who beat Weidman for the title. Also should add they would be competing for the most wins in UFC history title.

He beats Bisping for the belt decides to stay and defend? Yoel and GSP...who takes it?

I don't think it's a good look on GSP that he never wanted to go up to MW when Anderson was champ but now that they have the weakest MW champ in over a decade he seems anxious to do so.

Can you imagine Rockhold, Romero or Jacare vs GSP? It would be legal murder.

Yoel has much better flips, so I think he wins

Yoel would pawn GSP, at this stage of his fighting career....

Gsp would get destroyed by Romero. Any version of Gsp would prob lose to Romero. But this version? The version that hasn't fought in 3 years, has had multiple knee injuries & surgeries, & now has to undergo stricter drug testing than he had to deal with in his prime? That version of Gsp gets fucking slaughtered. & I'm not trying to accuse Gsp of steroid usage, but any fighter that hasn't yet fought under usada is untested imo. But if this fight got made I hope sherdog would come together with picket signs & protest outside of zuffa offices until they cancelled it, bc it would be a televised execution.

It wouldn't be fun. It would look like Jacare vs Camozzi I & II.

GSP wins via actually having a gas tank, for fuck's sake.

When GSP left he couldn't even beat Hendricks. He's gotten older, rustier, and tore another ACL. What do you think?

Romero would absolutely destroy him.

Hard not to look at Yoel as a bigger, stronger, faster Hendricks with, better kicks, better hands, a MUCH better ankle pick, VASTLY better cardio and a better beard.

Hendricks beat the shit out of St. Pierre, lets be honest. If the same GSP that fought Hendricks were to fight Yoel, I very seriously think that GSP would get KTFO'd within three rounds.

I'm talking like, legitimate OF THE CENTURY type beat down. Yoel Romero Palacio is one of the most dangerous guys in all of MMA right now. Putting an out of shape, past his prime, welterweight in there with him would be a recipe for a fucking murder. GSP might really be in better form than he was against Hendricks and Condit, maybe he still has his reflexes and would be able to compete against a guy like Yoel, but if he was even 10% less than his best, he would be fucking annihilated.

GSP rubs his nipples during the prefight, and Romero gets offended saying No Gay Gesus

Well Yoel has probably the worst gas tank in all of mma at the moment so I think GSP would actually survive the early onslaught and decision him.

Back