It's obvious Zuffa is just cashing out...

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Since rumors came about the UFC sale a whole lot of nonsense has gone down. First the Conor/Nate rematch bs while you have 3 FW contenders sitting around, obviously they dont give a fuck about the FW division. Then Brock who doesn't even fight gets a one fight deal for 200, and at the same time they're talking about finally signing Fedor. Now the MW champ is gonna defend his title against a WW who hasn't competed in 3 years, while 3 deserving MW contenders sit around and wait. First Cyborg had to make 135 to fight in UFC, now they are willing to do catchweight bouts.... etc..

Seems like UFC just said "to hell with making sense of anything, let's just try to put together whatever shit we think will sell best to the casuals, milk as much cash while we still got this cow, and let the new owners pick up the pieces later".

Not saying all of it is bad, I'm personally glad to see Cyborg finally put an end to the nonsense, and I dont mind the odd circus match. But it seems like they just said fuck it when it comes to trying to resemble any type of rankings or real structure and are content with just pushing their popular fighters.

they seem to have gotten caught up in that whole making money thing like a lot of businesses do

Since rumors came about the UFC sale a whole lot of nonsense has gone down. First the Conor/Nate rematch bs while you have 3 FW contenders sitting around, obviously they dont give a fuck about the FW division. Then Brock who doesn't even fight gets a one fight deal for 200, and at the same time they're talking about finally signing Fedor. Now the MW champ is gonna defend his title against a WW who hasn't competed in 3 years, while 3 deserving MW contenders sit around and wait. First Cyborg had to make 135 to fight in UFC, now they are willing to do catchweight bouts.... etc..

Seems like UFC just said "to hell with making sense of anything, let's just try to put together whatever shit we think will sell best to the casuals, milk as much cash while we still got this cow, and let the new owners pick up the pieces later".

Not saying all of it is bad, I'm personally glad to see Cyborg finally put an end to the nonsense, and I dont mind the odd circus match. But it seems like they just said fuck it when it comes to trying to resemble any type of rankings or real structure and are content with just pushing their popular fighters.

The matchmaking makes perfect sense to me, if it doesn't make sense to you maybe

4aBxle2.jpg

The matchmaking makes perfect sense to me, if it doesn't make sense to you maybe

4aBxle2.jpg
I'm trying to search in myself but I just cant find it... a FW champion fighting a LW non-contender at WW, in a rematch of a fight that ended decisively... no it's still not making sense.

I'm trying to search in myself but I just cant find it... a FW champion fighting a LW non-contender at WW, in a rematch of a fight that ended decisively... no it's still not making sense.

He's top 5 at LW you fool. He will probably fight RDA after he beats Conor

Benjamin Franklin (January 17, 1706 [O.S. January 6, 1705][1] – April 17, 1790) was one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. A renowned polymath, Franklin was a leading author, printer, political theorist, politician, freemason, postmaster, scientist, inventor, civic activist, statesman, and diplomat.

upload_2016-6-23_22-7-0.png

I've been enjoying the hell out of UFC in 2016. Last PPV was awesome.

Cash out like a BOSS! Good for them....

So it used to be all about principle before TS?

Just want to cash out before the rise of a Fighters Union.

Also before the effects of head trauma start kicking in and that would create lawsuits they don't need.

As well it seems the UFC was planning to sell the company to the Chinese all along once they have cashed in on the Conor & Ronda train.

At this point they prob don't give a damn about been legit

Smart move to cash out.

NHB's hevenge - Rankings were only for dip shit TUF noobs who needed "legitimacy" to buy in to the circus, and also a means to help keep the stats nerds off of the streets.

If someone comes and offers me twice what my house is worth, I'll be calling a moving van.

Lmfao at mw "contenders".

You mean the guy who lost his last fight or the other guy who lost his last fight or the guy suspended for PEDs or the guy who just lost to him?

Back